Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
neocone

Cooling vests

5 posts in this topic

Got to try the one made by www.glaciertek.com and pretty good experience... but the cooling is good for about an hour and a half.Best strategy is strap that thing on for an evening hunt... means at 3-4 PM when one is about to hike uphill for a good view is when the temperature is scorching hot. And under a camo this suit is perfect... like having an A/C. It lets you maybe hike about 3 to 5 miles in rough terrain where a lot of energy is expanded. After that get rid of it as the second the cells get liquid it adds to the insulation of a suit. Yuk!

Is it reusable? I went to their sight and read some.. but its mostly studies and all that..So once you wear it a few hours then its useless or just needs to be taken off to air dry or?

We use something like that in raceing and they are called kwik cool. It is reuseable and runs off a ozone safe freon can about the size off a spay paint can. It will cool one hour per can. The ony down side is its about 170.00 for the shirt.

Yep it's fully reusable. I got their concealed one because it is a bit smaller and more comfy to wear a backpack. It can save me carrying a lot of water since my torso is cooled to like 70 when it's 90-100 outside. Sucks I had to pay 170 too... But hopefully it will last me a while.