Shoot-it

Fish what is It??

28 posts in this topic

Bigscale Logperch - Percina macrolepidaThey are not native to CA. They are from the eastern US.dbpost-12-1222222650_thumb.jpg

Try to get more . I want some for my tank and pond. Striped fuzzy fish are rare . :flag:

Try to get more . I want some for my tank and pond. Striped fuzzy fish are rare . :flag:
Like those black and whites that SJ has been shooting ? :good:

thats very close bosiz but mine has a thin mouth thanks I was wondering if I found a new species
It's the only species like it in CA. They vary somewhat in appearance. That photo was taken back East. There aren't any other logperch in our waters that I know of usless you found a new species. When you take photos of fish for ID purposes, open the dorsal, pecs, anal and caudal fins. It makes it easier to id. DFG doesn't list any other and I don't have any other in my CA Freshwater Icthyology field guide either.db

From what I could find its looks like a log perch. the little delta smelt are all silver.

It's the only species like it in CA. They vary somewhat in appearance. That photo was taken back East. There aren't any other logperch in our waters that I know of usless you found a new species. When you take photos of fish for ID purposes, open the dorsal, pecs, anal db
Anal I dont want to violate the poor fish :good: the pic sj posted is it you did good bosik.

I would of posted the best picture first but I didn't read the post till late. :huh:
I raced to get that post on there because I knew Shooter was right behind me. Although his photo is the correct genus, it's not the right species(caprodes). Should be macrolepida. :harhar1[1]: db