Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nevjohn

Federal TNT Green 43gr results

5 posts in this topic

Went to the range this morning, as finally figured I'd better try out these new Federal TNT Green 43gr CONDOR loads that I got at Wal-Mart. I must say, I was pleased somewhat at the results. Now, I have both a Savage 10 in .22-250 and model 11 in .223 that I am using at this time. I am NOT the best shooter nor steadiest person shooting, even when using bags, so you wont see sub-1/2" groups from me, but still I was pleased with the results. Just wondering if the 43 grains is going to be enough. I was shooting 50gr V-Max reloads before, in both rifles..223 Results:First shot (#1) was cold barrel. #'s 2 and 3 were in the black. I did 4 clicks UP to get me 1" higher and that is #4. I left it as is; figuring good enough for me and the dogs.fedtnt43gr003-1.jpg.22-250 Results:First shot (not shown) was about 1 inch above top of paper. I removed the bolt and did a bore sight and brought the scope down 8 clicks. #2 was top of target; brought down 8 more clicks. #4 brought down 6 clicks. #'s 5 & 6 in the black; almost same hole. Raised 4 clicks and results is #7, alittle over an inch and a quarter above zero so left it at that point.fedtnt43gr002-1.jpgSo, for me, I think this is my load unless I get those Barnes 53gr TSX's I bought while on vacation loaded up for the .22-250. At $24.97 per box of 20 from WW, it is a better buy than others I have seen, as long as they'll do the trick.John

Just wondering if the 43 grains will be enough.
I'll bet they'll work just fine & I wouldn't hesitate at all to use them. In fact, it is the bullet I will use in my mini 14 should I happen to use that rifle in the Condor range.And it was just recently while I was testing the 36 & 43 gr non lead bullets in my 223's that I decided to go with the lighter Nosler B.T. (lead) 40gr bullet (outside the Condor range) instead of the 50grs that I had been using. Substantially higher velocity was the main reason. I am staying with the 50gr bullets in my 22-250 however.Which reminds me, aren't you close to a lot of hunting areas outside the buzzard zone where you would not need the all copper bullets? Living in Tulare Co & all! I have considerably better accuracy with the lead bullets over the non lead, plus I will rarely hunt the buzzard zone anyhow. Just wondering?Frank

No Frank, I am in the "zone". I can go "leaded" between Hiway 99 and I-5 west of me here though, but even though farm land, most of it is posted or inhabited. I more than likely will be hunting over in the Eastern Sierra's/Owens valley/Nevada, where I can then shoot lead. One thing, this Fed ammo is as cheap at leaded stuff. Sure, reloads are less and I have some Barnes 53gr TSX for .224 which I'll probably get loaded up for testing. If it doesnt shoot any better than the 43gr TNT then it was just a test.

I shot the Federal TNT Green over the weekend with my 223 at 100 yards I had all three touching.