lilwes278

Winter coat already?

7 posts in this topic

Check out how gray this guy is already! It was about 85* & sunshine today and he looks like he's ready for snow. The second picture will show you how gray he is compared to the other deer that have been hanging around. I WANT HIM!!! :)MDGC0168.jpgMDGC0521.jpg

He looks like a nice fatty too. Go get him Wes. When does your season open up? Archery and gun.

Looks good Rut has started here my buddy hit a deer today with his car this morning. Bow season started last weekend rifle starts on the 18th of Oct. I spent two hours looking for that deer this morning nothing he said it was a big buck. Oh well I will watch to see if the buzzards start coming in. Or maybe it survived.

Is it possible that is just his normal color?
Nope. This is the same large 3x3 that I've been following since I got my trail cameras. Here's his pics in order:MDGC0067-1.jpgMDGC0035.jpgMDGC0004.jpgMDGC0049.jpgMDGC0557.jpgAnd another comparison between his color and the rest of the deer... At first I thought he was prematurely starting the rut (especially with this picture), but I have other pictures of him traveling with 2 more bucks. :)MDGC0535.jpgI also got a picture of this guy:MDGC0358.jpg

He looks like a nice fatty too. Go get him Wes. When does your season open up? Archery and gun.
Here's the dates for the zone I'm hunting:Early archery runs 8/30 - 9/28Firearm runs 10/4 - 11/9Late archery runs 11/22 - 12/14Problem is, I haven't had a single full day to go hunting yet. I've been working some long & crazy hours and the weekends are no good either... Today the wife & I took my daughter to the Portland Zoo for her birthday (what a NIGHTMARE!). Tomorrow I have to help a friend finish getting his rental house cleaned up & painted so the new renters can start moving in on tuesday. The following saturday my brew partner & I are brewing a couple more batches of beer but I may be able to sneak off for a couple hours in the morning (*crosses fingers*). And next sunday I'll be leaving for work in Pasco, Washington for a week. There's never enough hours in a day!!! :)