wannakillacoyote

Picked up my Taurus PT145 Millenium Pro last night!!

27 posts in this topic

Out of DROS jail last night. Now she is safely tucked away in my safe. $300 shipped from Buds!!Hopefully this weekend I will be able to get her cleaned and maybe get some pics (though my wife is out of town and my 3yr old will be getting all my attention). :angry2: It will be at least a week before I will be able to shoot it.I have some target ammo from Wal-mart for it and I will probably pick up a box of WWB HD ammo today after work. Plan to get some rounds through it before starting the reloading process.

Is this the one? It looks really sweet, even to me, who is a wheel gun guy!TaurusPT145MilleniumPro.jpg

Yep, that's it. Mine is a 3rd generation so the markings are abit different. I have the ALL Blue one, but the markings look like this:five.jpgdscf0009resizend3.jpgTaurus_PT145B_back.jpg

^^^ I know!! It's pretty much the smallest most concealable 45ACP that holds 10+1. :) I haven't had a chance to compare the two, but it is basically the same size as my 9mm XD Subcompact except it's skinnier and packs a LOT more punch. :)

Here she is!!I'll have to do a comparison pic later on of this and my XD-9sc (they are almost IDENTICAL in size).taurussmall2ym8.jpgtaurussmalljx3.jpgbwimg36522iv3.jpgbwimg36432tj0.jpgbwimg36402bp2.jpgbwimg3636bt6.jpg

Thanks! And how about those pics. :huh: My first time shooting closeups like that and converting to B/W.Now I just need to find some time to get out and shoot it. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

Will do. I just think it's the best deal out there if you are looking for a large caliber in CCW.Now hopefully it doesn't scare the dog poop out of me shooting it. :0

So I've been looking around for a 9mm subcompact that I can afford (as in, not a Springfield EMP unfortunately) and I was planning on the XD since I love my .45 service model. But then you had to go and post up a pretty sweet little, inexpensive subcompact .45. Thaaaanks a lot. Now I have even more choices in my head.

So I've been looking around for a 9mm subcompact that I can afford (as in, not a Springfield EMP unfortunately) and I was planning on the XD since I love my .45 service model. But then you had to go and post up a pretty sweet little, inexpensive subcompact .45. Thaaaanks a lot. Now I have even more choices in my head.
Haha! :1019::653::1019: I guess you came to the right place as I own BOTH of those pistols. The XD-9SC is an AWESOME handgun and I have put probably 1000+ rounds through mine without a hiccup. I LOVE that XD, but it is a little on the thick side for CCW and NOT a .45ACP!The PT145 is the EXACT same size as the XD but slightly thinner. I haven't even shot it yet, so I can't give you a report on that. I have done TONS of research though and there are plenty of LEO's using this as there CCW weapon.One last thing to think about is that the Blue PT145 is $300 shipped from Buds. The XD-9SC is $440 shipped from Buds. :)
Chris, how big are your hands? I think I'd only be able to get 3 fingers around that grip and wouldn't feel very comfortable.
I do have small hands, so both the XD-9SC and PT145 fit me just fine. There are TONS of large handed folks using these though, you just have to adjust your grip a bit.

There sure isn't anything wrong with $300 shipped...unless of course you keep not spending the money on your AR's where you're supposed to be spending it. :roflmao3[1]:

How about a picture of it in your hand?

I'll try to get a pic up of the PT145 in my hand. That is what you were wanting a picture of, right? :fireworks3::horse apples::roflmao3[1]:

Got to fire off 20 rounds today. :drool: This thing shoots VERY SMOOTH. This is my first 45ACP and I was worried about the recoil. It wasn't any more than my XD-SC 9mm. I was shooting Winchester White Box 230gr Hollow Points.My shots were consistantly low, but I think that can be resolved with some practice. I'm not used to these sights or the trigger.Overall I am VERY pleased with my $339 purchase. :)

I like the look of that pistol I need to pick one up next time i go to the gun shop. I wonder if its the same size of the compact khar those are small to and chambered in 9mm,40and 45.

Wow! Those Kahr's are expensive! The new smal .45 Kahr's I think only hold 6 rounds. They are probably a bit smallerdue to less capacity, but I'm not sure.

How does the Taurus PT145 Millennium Pro compare in size to the Baby Glocks like the Glock 27?

I don't know, I don't have a glock. But, does the 27 come in .45ACP? If I remember right though, the baby Glocks have REALLY short grips. Most guys end up getting the extended magazines so the grip will be longer, which kind of defeats the small purpose. If the 27's don't come in 45, it's not a realistic comparison.

The g27 is a .40 the g30 and g36 are .45 acp the baby glocks all have really short grips except the g36 (I THINK). I prefere .40 for self defense Carry. I prefere .45 for home defense (frangables) and just about everything else.

I don't know, I don't have a glock. But, does the 27 come in .45ACP? If I remember right though, the baby Glocks have REALLY short grips. Most guys end up getting the extended magazines so the grip will be longer, which kind of defeats the small purpose. If the 27's don't come in 45, it's not a realistic comparison.
I'll bring along my 27/.40 next time we hunt.Woo

Yeah, this will be CCW (if I get approved) plus it will be on my side when hunting. I wanted something with 10+1 with as much punch as possible while still being small. I have a XD-SC 9mm, but it just didn't feelt like enough. :)I'm REALLY happy with this little pistol so far especially the light recoil. :P