Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
clampdaddy

No front bell

11 posts in this topic

I have a .22 that I want to scope but I don't want to remove the rear barrel sight. You never know when a set of iron sights might come in handy. To clear the rear sight I want to get a scope that doesn't have a belled frontal objective. I don't really care how much magnification it has or if it's a variable or fixed power. I just want something that is nice looking (no huge eye bell) and doesn't cost a fortune. I'd also concider one of those short little scopes that are popular to use on ARs as long as the cross hairs aren't to thick. My buddy has one of them and it covers up alot of target at 100 yards. I think one of those would fit right behind the rear barrel sight.

I wish I could. My .22 is a Remington Speedmaster. It doesn't have a dovetailed rear sight. It uses a screwed on sight base like the one used on a model 700.

Both Burris and Leupold have quite a few scopes in this category. The SKS type scope may work better.

You could use a set of extra high see-through mounts. Guy I worked with last year had me put a set of those on his Speedmaster with a 40mm scope and it cleared. Leupold has a VX-I 2-7x28 for $200 and Bushnell makes the Elite 3200 2-7x32 for about $150... Or how about a red dot?

You could use a set of extra high see-through mounts. .....
Yuk. I hate those things. I like my scopes to stay as close to the rifle as possible. I got a PM from a member who has an old K-3 Weaver. If the price is right my dilema might be solved.

Yuk. I hate those things. I like my scopes to stay as close to the rifle as possible. I got a PM from a member who has an old K-3 Weaver. If the price is right my dilema might be solved.
I've got an old short model Swarovski for ya' that should clear the rear sight. And the price is SOOOOO right... :good:;) ;) :roflmao3[1]:DSCN1338.jpgDSCN1339.jpg

I've got an old short model Swarovski for ya' that should clear the rear sight. And the price is SOOOOO right... :good:;):roflmao3[1]:;)DSCN1338.jpgDSCN1339.jpg
You need the old lyman adjustable mounts for that, that model ski doesn't come with turrets. :signs1180lq:

Damn!! That is by far the most clear glass I've ever seen on a scope!!!!! ;) Rimrock came thru with an old straight tubed 3x weaver. Thanks again Rod!