What's in the second picture???   35 members have voted

1. 1. What does it look like to you?

• Cougar/Mountain Lion
    • Bobcat
    • Freak inbred Boblion/Mountain Cat
    • Neighbor let their cat out
    • I don't see anything
    • Who cares? Just shoot it!!!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

27 posts in this topic

First, the good... :1087:MDGC0049.jpgAnd then, the BAD!!! :drinks: (EDITED - larger image)MDGC0046-2.jpg

So you'd shoot either one? Cool that you've got bobcats there.
That kittie seems a little bit bigger than a bobcat (has a longer tail too)...

You sure? That looks like a whole bunch of spots on it to me. Do you have a larger sized image you can post?
Edited with a larger image. To me, that tail looks pretty long for a bobcat. I think the "spots" you are seeing is just the grain-like effect of the night shot? But if you're right, that's one LARGE bobcat...

I think lion... see the lenth of the tail, notice the tail is NOT in the top pic? Also look how tall it is compared to the fence.. If that is a bobcat that is one BIG bobcat..Showed it to hubby , said check this out.. he said ohhh lion... It looks like a young one

It may be the rare elusive spotted lion thought to inhabit the Pacific Northwest.300px-Jaglion.jpg

Poll added & attached the pic in the largest format possible (John- if it's too big I can cut it back down).

I cranked it up to 660 power and it is not a bobcat. tail wayyyyyy to long.
Be sure to vote! :signbs1zn:

Tough call with that pic... I would have originally said bobcat, however, that tail is way too long for a bobcat... but again, cannot see it well enough either. So ?!?!?!?!?!Frank

True, it's not a great picture but let's make this easy: Has anyone seen a bobcat with a tail that long???

Nope, short tail is bobcat, LOL.. I swear its a lion... You can see in the 2cd pic where the tail is.. the top pic there is no tail so its not like a branch or something..Never mind ... I KNOW what it is..... Its Bigfoots housecat..... ROFLMAO on the last choice.....

I resampled the image and converted it to greyscale. I also removed some of the chromatic aberration (noise) from the low light. Anyone change their mind as to what it might be? Still might be a bit iffy to be exact.http://www.treeofknowledge.org/cpcimages/BobOrLion.jpg

That's pretty big for a bobcat. I thought it was a bob at first too but that tail and those legs say cougar. It's a young one but deffinitely bigger than a bobcat. Is there any rocky areas on your property??

That picture that Bozsic has posted sure makes me believe it is a lion.

Is there any rocky areas on your property??
There are a few rock patches near the top of the hill that is directly on the north side of my place, below the rocks and above the pictured fenceline is a VERY thick brushy area (I've made a few unsuccessful attempts to hike through it), and 50 yards over the east side fence of my place is a small pond. There are NO houses within 1/2 mile back there. Also, there have been many cougar sightings within a 30 mile radius of where I live (including several that were killed by cars while crossing the road). But then we had a bobcat hanging around our house last spring too...