.243Win

spotting scopes

12 posts in this topic

does anyone use one when hunting ?when range shooting/sighting in ?what brand/power/works best for the $$ ???my binocs work okay, got to be a better way

does anyone use one when hunting ?when range shooting/sighting in ?what brand/power/works best for the $$ ???my binocs work okay, got to be a better way
does anyone use one when hunting ? Deer and Elk, yes. But for most hunting no.when range shooting/sighting in ? Yes but only past 200 yards. Small caliber is difficult to see.what brand/power/works best for the $$ ??? I have a Zeiss 85mm Diascope ($1359) Not cheap.my binocs work okay, got to be a better way. Buy a Great pair of Binos you'll be happier.

I kinda sorta borrowed the one I bought for my wife and her bird watching tripsit's a Simmons 20-60x60she told me to get my ownwish she'd tell me to go buy a gun.....thanks for all inputmy 10x50 binocs will have to do

Mine is an old Leupold 20 X 60 fixed power. I don't think they make them anymore. In the '80s it was about the only thing that had enough eye relief to use with glasses.Gary

don't knowgotta do some online shoppingI'm open for suggestionswindow mount would be nice as wellfor desert shooting

I ended up buying an ALPEN spotting scopeI have only played with it around the house but will take it with me the next time I go to the range. The tripod that came with it is set up slick .... it allows you to make micro adjustments to the position of the scope so you can "scan" a hill side with out giving yourself a headache because the scope is jumping all around. Not sure if this tripod comes with all the models or not.Alpen Spotting Scope Features: * Multi-coated optics * Waterproof and nitrogen filled * Powerful zoom eyepieces * Extendable sun shade * Straight and 45-degree models * Durable, padded field carrying case (except #788 kit) * ALPEN's lifetime warranty