Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MojaveJ

Pond hopping

8 posts in this topic

post-95-1218909919_thumb.jpgpost-95-1218909989_thumb.jpgTook my 5 yr old daughter out to some ponds. We caught about 7-8 bass and brought 5 of the smaller ones home. Anything over 2lbs I throw back. We keep some of the smaller ones to keep the ponds from over populating and stunting the growth of the fish.

Its always a great day when spending a day in the outdoors with your kids!!! :hellohello9il:

Good deal there. I started mine out in a backpack hiking with me when they were very young. They are amost twelve and 14 now. The time goes fast. Good on ya! :huh: db

MojaveJ, That is way cool doing that with the kids. Hope it instills a love of the out of doors and conservation, NOT presevation in them. More power to you and parents such as you....Walt

Thanks for the replies. We had a great time. She can't wait to go again and wants to go deer hunting with me this winter. My wife won't even touch fish or game but my little girl is very hands on. Caught a baby garter snake out in the yard the other day and she chased mom and grandma around the house with it for a few minutes saying just touch it. It won't bite. It was quite comical. I finally turned it loose back out in the yard.

Now, that is a way to raise a girl. The memories of the two of you will last forever, and all good stuff. I could go on for a long time writting about my son and daughters realationships when they were growing up. Just let it be said here, I believe you are doing it just right. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: