ShooterJohn

Automatic case annealer

38 posts in this topic

I put the unit together but because of more pressing projects and family obligations I haven't fired (Pun intended) it up yet. I keep looking for a chance to get it going but haven't had a real opportunity to get it put into operation. I figure once it gets going I may not want to stop it. ;)

Yea, it sounds like it will be fun. Any idea how long one of those tanks of butane (???) will burn non-stop?
Not sure yet and the model I have uses two torches so I'll be using two small tanks until I make up a Y connector to run them off of a five gallon propane tank. Then I'm sure they burn for almost ever on one refill. ;)

Well.... did finally order one for myself last week. I'm going with .50bmg, .338LM, and .308win to start and was quoted the same 60day leadtime.I'm already getting antsy! :lol:

That thing looks COOL! i have not had to anneal any yet, but will before long. I'm shooting a contender in .250 AI (made by a guy up in Oregon named Mike Bellm). I form the brass from .307 Win. Takes a couple steps and i know it will harden the brass.Was Ken Light the feller that was real involved in handgun sillywet 10 years ago or so? Made hi-rise scope mounts i think?By the way, ShooterJohn, from your bio, it looks like we are almost neighbors. i won't ask for a cup of sugar just yet, but hollar if you need anything. it would be nice to get together for a cup of coffee one of these days.steve

You're never going to have any free time if you keep buying everything I have. :lol: Oh wait a minute that's why I bought all of this equipment so I'd have more free time. :D Never mind. :P