Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wannakillacoyote

Woodog's Shotgun....I just Camo'd it!

24 posts in this topic

Here are some pics of Woodog's shotgun. I just got done camoing it a few hours ago.fulleq9.jpgcenterio5.jpgfrontcg2.jpgrearoa9.jpgI think it turned out pretty good.

Nice you want to paint my truck? :signlol2iu:
Haha, I heard you bought a case of paint. Too bad you weren't closer, I'd paint it! I'm no painter, just a garage Krylon fiend. :rolleyes: Prep and cleanup are the hard parts. Painting is easy. We would probably go through a few brooms trying to do the pattern. :bleh[1]: I didn't use a broom for this pattern, just some fake plant pieces from Michaels or something that Steve gave me.

I bought 3 cases of Krylon paint, one of each color I'm going to use. Brooms are cheap at Sam's Club.Hey what's that thing attached below the barrel on the shotgun? Is that some sort of coyote bayonet that Steve pokes them in the butt with? :signlol2iu::rolleyes:

I bought 3 cases of Krylon paint, one of each color I'm going to use. Brooms are cheap at Sam's Club.Hey what's that thing attached below the barrel on the shotgun? Is that some sort of coyote bayonet that Steve pokes them in the butt with? :signlol2iu::bleh[1]:
Actually it's a pretty cool mounted bipod. It does look like a bayonet though. Dejavu. :rolleyes:

Really? I was just kidding I thought you hung it up by that to paint it. I've never seen a bipod for a shotgun. What will they come up with next? I thought I'd seen about every sort of hunting gadget made.More deja vu! :signlol2iu:

That looks really good. Nice work.

Here are some pics of Woodog's shotgun. I just got done camoing it a few hours ago.I think it turned out pretty good
Nice job Wannabeacamogunpainter! You did good. You should open a little side business. :)

Yeah, painting is sooo much easier. I don't have to sneak up on it, call it or nothing.

Looks great! That is one mean looking brush sweeper.

Someone had asked for a pic of Steve's shotgun bipod. Here it is:fulltv6.jpgnohandsgx9.jpg

sweet rig! All it needs is a little harness to hold your finger on the trigger. Seriously though, the paint job looks real good. I'm just wondering, how steady does one need to be within shotgun range?

I've seen the stool in sportsmans warehouse. Myself, I use the seat pad only - less bulky and clips onto my belt. Also at sportsman's. look in the back by the duck blinds and shotgun shells.

sweet rig! All it needs is a little harness to hold your finger on the trigger. . . I'm just wondering, how steady does one need to be within shotgun range?
Where can I get one of them there trigger harnesses? I wonder if it is anything like the one I use to pee? :fireworks3: The bipod isn't to steady the shotgun, the idea of the pod and harness is to keep in gun in position to minimize movement before the shot. The thing is really light weight and you can easily lift the gun to shoot standing if you arn't able to get the shot sitting.WoodogBTW, I've since removed the bipod (simple wing nut operation) because when folded forward it sticks out about a foot in front of the barrel which defeats the purpose of a 20-inch barrel to it make easy to make your way through the thick stuff where you would likely use a shotgun. It was a fun project.

Nice you want to paint my truck? :wedgie[1]:
LMAO...I've actually been thinking about camo "skins" for my truck...anyone know who does this in the Bay Area or Norcal?

It looks awesome. How did you do it? Prep? Any tips would be great. Thanks.Ty