Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thebeast64ol

Surf Fishing

10 posts in this topic

Well ive been getting back into surf fishing and i bought myself a new rod and i have an old reel as you can see below. i got out the other day caught two small perch and one fairly large yellow fin croaker, i only have pics of the perch because it was too late when i caught the croaker, little to no light left. I was using the Gulp! Sandworms in natural color (but i have heard that the camo ones work better) and some natural live bait aka luggworms....... well it didnt seem to matter which bait i was using because they both produced fish, however the Gulp! hooked me the large croaker. so i think the scent does have a major effect on the fish feeding habits, and induces harder and swifter strikes,.n1651800084_124662_340.jpgn1651800084_124669_2620.jpgn1651800084_124681_6765.jpgn1651800084_124682_7133.jpgn1651800084_124687_8964.jpg

sorry about the spelling error,i didnt even notice it. i ment to say *hobby*

thanks shooter, or at least i assume it was you, for changing my mistake

No problem with the fix.I love to surf fish too. I used to fish at or beach cabin all the time. Fished with sand crabs or clam if we'd gone clamming. You always get a surprise fishing in the surf. Plus it was safer than poke poling in the rocks. Those rocks are so slippery at low tide.

I surf fish all the time and love it! I have a beach house on Capo Beach, waves break on the back door. Cold beer and some blood worms and life is good. I just have to make some time to get down there!

Hey Beast, the topless chick holding your beer is a dude!LOL!

That's a dude??? I thought it was Sasquatch in a pair of surf shorts! :signs653wf:

damn, i didnt even know!!! thanks for given me the heads up :signs653wf:

So what beach were you fishing at?
oh and its huntington by the santa ana river outlet