Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
peeker seeker

I need a new rifle

3 posts in this topic

:lol: Im going to get a varment rifle. a savage 12 or a stevens 200. if I get the savage it would be the 12 varment. in 223 or 204. the stevens would be in 223 but I would put a heavy barrel fluted on it in 223 Ackly Improved. Ive shot the 204 and the 223 . but the 223 AI sounds tempting. Whats the barrel life on a 223 AI and is it worth it. and does any body shoot a 223AI? Cant make up my mind. confused. I will be hunting cyotes to squirrels with it.

People on the savage forum have good things to say about the accuracy of the Stevens 200 in 223 and the price isn't bad. I just got a Savage 12FV. Haven't shot it yet, but they're great shooters, not so easy on the eyes. That's ok, just spray paint it like ThumperDunker.

;) Im going to get a varment rifle. a savage 12 or a stevens 200. if I get the savage it would be the 12 varment. in 223 or 204. the stevens would be in 223 but I would put a heavy barrel fluted on it in 223 Ackly Improved. Ive shot the 204 and the 223 . but the 223 AI sounds tempting. Whats the barrel life on a 223 AI and is it worth it. and does any body shoot a 223AI? Cant make up my mind. confused. I will be hunting cyotes to squirrels with it.
223 AI why? Still not up to par with a 22-250 or hey why not a 22-250AI I have one of those I can get 4,000 with 52gr pills.