Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stiff Neck

Picked up my new Savage 12FV 223

7 posts in this topic

I picked up my new Savage 12FV 223 today along with Leupold rings and bases. I have some steel bar stock on hand that I'll use to reinforce the synthetic stock when I bed it with AcraGlass Gel. While that's curing, I'll be loading up some ammo to try out. Can't wait! I really like the Accutrigger so far, it's about 10 lbs lighter and crisper than the trigger on my NEF :D12fv_sa.jpg

Only 10 pounds lighter!
No joke! I get used to my NEF trigger, but then I switch over and shoot the sweet and crisp Rifle Basix trigger on my 71HMR and it's not even in the same universe as the NEF trigger, even after the factory trigger job. No wonder I have to concentrate so hard to shoot well with it. :(

And the price ain't bad neither. I paid $494 out the door on this guy. Well, I have the bases and rings on. This morning I reinforced the front half of the stock with a 9" long piece of 3/8" square bar stock and bedded it in place to add regidity. That should stop the flexing of the forend. I still have to bed the action, but not until the forend cures.