Portagee_Shooter

My New Huntin' Tool

12 posts in this topic

So I picked it up yesterday. Had to wait 11days because the gun store's closed Monday's. I can't wait to get to the range and even better yet get out and get some blood on her...Ruger Super Blackhawk 44mag 5.5" Above it is a knife my step dad just passed down to me. This is a beautiful damascus steel bowie knife. I've never seen anything like it!post-3-1295379368.jpg

The close-up pics of the knife really do it justice. :lol:

They make a nice set. How old is the bowie?? That blade has a lot of interesting figure to it. Congrats on your new toys.Now you need a damascus flintlock pistol, in 69 cal, to go with the knife. It would make a nice display set. :lol:

The flintlock sounds like it would make a nice set....but I'm spending all my extra cash buying reloading supplies to feed this thing. I've got to totally tool up, new dies, shell holders, powders, primers, etc....I don't know how old it is but a friend whose in to knife making says its probably made in the 80's. It's marked walker but the logo/stamp doesn't match any of the Walkers I found making knives today.

Nice pistola! I was thinking that a cap & ball revolver would go well with that Bowie.

I think Jim Bowie would agree! Although, I think if Jim had to choose he'd pick the Ruger over the C&B. Can't wait to get out and shoot it.

Wow, what a pair. Both just beautiful. I love both of them.

I missed this before that's some very nice stuff there. I really like the shootin iron and the knife is top drawer.