Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Truckeedan

Prosser Lake Trout

5 posts in this topic

My fishing buddy (grandson) Evan scored a nice trout last Thursday evening. I picked him up from day care and we launched the boat around 6 pm and fished for an hour and a half, trolling our secret spot. I managed a couple of small fish but Evan had to outdo grandpa and landed a really nice fish.EvansBigFish.jpgThe trout was 16 inches and weighed around 2lbs. It was really fun to watch him reel it in.Truckeedan

I always like Boca better; mainly I just lived across I-80 on Glenshire Dr (top of hill) so it was close. Actually I would rather fly fish the river right above the I-80 bridge at Hirchdale, as always did good there on dries.

I always like Boca better; mainly I just lived across I-80 on Glenshire Dr (top of hill) so it was close. Actually I would rather fly fish the river right above the I-80 bridge at Hirchdale, as always did good there on dries.
I here ya John. I like to fish the little Truckee between Boca and Stampede. Evan (4) is a little small for a fly rod just yet and I like to make sure he is catching fish so he stays interested. So the worm behind a flasher is just the ticket right now. I've got a sweet little fly rig that will just fit him in about two more years.Dan

He's sure growing Dan. Enjoy him, he will be big too fast.