cappy1973

Non-lethal air gun for coyotes?

10 posts in this topic

Hi all:I live about 5 min from downtown Los Angeles, and lately a small pack of 3 coyotes has been getting too comfortable in the yards of my neighbors and I...to the point of resting in our front lawns in the middle of the day, while we are home. We have pets and there are kids about, so this obviously concerns us. My neighbors have had cats go missing. The city won't do $%@@ - they don't trap anymore. So, I'm looking for advice on something non-lethal to shoo off these visitors. I do not want to cause serious injury or kill - a significant wallop would be nice. I need to be able to hit them between 10-50 yards (our properties out this way are pretty big for a city). I was thinking an airgun/air rifle. I don't want to spend a ton of money on it, but I want it to be effective.Any suggestions?From the LA Coyote Infestation...

Non-lethal will just bring them back. Either call animal control or talk to another member on here. Dogs on a string are a favorite snack for yotes, as well as cats on the loose.Darren

The so-called Los Angeles "animal control" told me they only deal with injured animals now due to budget cuts. Government at it's best...Not sure I want to find out the LAPD response to a .22 going off, either.Open to any suggestions...

The so-called Los Angeles "animal control" told me they only deal with injured animals now
There's your answer :drool:

if their being pests feed them pesticide

A bow and arrow then call about the injured animal, maybe they can revive it. :fireworks3:

How about getting a trap and then taking it to animal control?

paintball gun used my on some at my dads for same reason as you they never came back

Paintball gun would work, im sure its not legal.A paintball is a .68 caliber ball traveling at 200 mph,40 yds would be easy.

Oh yes, freeze the paint ball firs t then shoot it frozen that will get there mind of of wandering into your yard :fireworks3: