Have any of you messed around at leupolds custom shop site? I was trying to decide on a scope for my new calling rifle but I couldn't find one with all the features I wanted until I found their site. The problem is that now I wont be happy until I have the scope I designed and the mods cost more than the scope to begin with! :signbummer8tl: I want a 4-12x40 VX-I with a ballistic matched retilce, color faded from gun metal grey to black, black spatter, and engraved with a coyote........that makes for an expencive VX-I. Chack it out, it's alot of fun! https://secure.leupold.com/customshop/custom_shop.php

I had them build me a 4.5x14 - 50 LR fade red to black from the front with red splatter varmint reticle and target turrets. came out beautiful took about 1 1/2 months total. I was hoping they could adjust the eye relief to give me a little more but "no-can-do" as this was going on a striker in 300wsm.

Last night I was tinkering on that site and I had my scope all figured out, today I went on there and now it says I can get the VX-I with reticle and the engraving I want but no custom paint. :1087:

I had them build me a 4.5x14 - 50 LR fade red to black from the front with red splatter varmint reticle and target turrets. came out beautiful took about 1 1/2 months total. I was hoping they could adjust the eye relief to give me a little more but "no-can-do" as this was going on a striker in 300wsm.
Is there much of a price differential from a standard scope of the same model?

they have done a couple scopes for me. Very slow but good.

a couple of long months. All they did for me is change reticles to a 1 min dot

I have sent them many scopes over the last few years for upgrades or repairs and have never waited more than 2 weeks always quick service.