Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StoneTower

Need a scope for an AR-10 in 22-250

4 posts in this topic

I have an upper coming Monday in 22-250 for my Noveske N6. I was thinking something like an older model Nikon Monarch 6.5-20X44 mill-dot illuminated or one of the newer Nikon Monarch 6-24X50 (these do not come in mill-dot as far as I know). I plan on shooting some ground squirrels and some coyotes with this upper. What scope would the experts recommend for such a rifle?I have seen (I can't remember where) a mount where you can mount a secondary optic (like a small red dot) above a higher power scope for close in shooting. This could be good (if it worked) on top of a scope with a 6X or 6.5X low end magnification for close in coyote shooting.Also what would be some good mounts to mount those larger scopes on my new upper?Thank you,David

WOOOW! Did you just say you bought a AR in 22.250?? Tell me more please! I can actually have 2 of my favorite things at once!

Yup! I'm debating making my varminter into a .204, just haven't decided. Aaaand back to the scope issue.

WOOOW! Did you just say you bought a AR in 22.250?? Tell me more please! I can actually have 2 of my favorite things at once!
Armalite made the upper a few years back. I have heard that they made about 100 & I have heard that they made 1000 so who knows. This one is lightly used...very lightly. You can’t see any wear on the bolt or anything.The 22-250 is not the ideal cartridge for the AR-10 as the taper of the cartridge causes feeding problems if more than about 6 rounds are loaded in the mag. We live in CA so 10 is the max anyway and if you go shooting a 22-250 too fast; you will need a new barrel soon. If I was building a .224 caliber cartridge in a AR10 platform, I would look into a 22-243. The taper on the 22-243 is the same as the .308 so the feed would be flawless.David