Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Pied Sniper

What bi-pod?

10 posts in this topic

I bought a versa-pod for my rifle and i hate it. The construction seems cheap and i just don't like the way it works. I don't want to spend another $60 on a bi-pod that is no good so what would you guys suggest. I want a good one so any price range in fine. The only reason that i bought a versa-pod in the first place was because it was what my rifle was advertised with.

I presonally prefer the stoney point shooting sticks.. Mine is the tripod and they are awesome. Adjustable etc. No they arent mounted to the gun but I cant stand the noise the mounted ones make..

No they arent mounted to the gun but I cant stand the noise the mounted ones make..
None of mine make noise? Hmm...What kind have you had that make noise, Rae? I'm curious so I don't buy that type! :roflmao3[1]:

Harris bi-pod. Stoney Point Tri-pod for when I need more elevation, plus the third leg is a great walking stick!Darren

For day time predator work, I like the Stoney Point, Monopod (one leg) the best. I have many other bi-pods, both attached and de-tachable type, but prefer the one leg as they are quite, fast (4 turning around) & still plenty stable... especially with a 11-13 lb rifle sitting on it. LOLFrank

None of mine make noise? Hmm...What kind have you had that make noise, Rae? I'm curious so I don't buy that type! :hellohello9il:
Ill see if Hubby remembers what brand they were. We bought 2 sets and mounted them up but the springs and such seemed to rattle too much. And they just were a pita.. Not to mention they werent good for shooting standing up.. You had to be laying down.. Which is okay I guess but I dont care to lay in snow if I cna help it..

make your own i did and it works great and for 4 dollars lol. lk at the link that john posted on mine that i did a week or so ago. robert