zippy1970

White seabass

12 posts in this topic

Nice fish. Ive never had a chance to fish down south. My son got out of the Marine corps and decided to stay down there few months ago. We both love to fish and shoot. Are the charter fleets worth the money? Or do you need a boat like yours?

Hi hookem . some of the 6 pack boats are worth it . the boat is my brothers . we know a guy that has been running charters all week getting limits on white seabass everyday . 1 per person right now . and he gave us the 3's . there were 7 boats there easily when we got there . so the word got out . But we did get 1 fish to "bapties(?) " the boat . plus my brother was in the party boat buisness for 6 years so he knew of some spot to go . a 6 pack might run you 1500-2000 for the day . but divide it up with 4-6 people and its not that bad . especially if they have been getting limits for 3-6 days straight .

It's good to see white seabass come back to the Southern California waters, you can thank the DFG for that one. I use to go surf fishing down in Mexico for em, great fishing if you know where to go, some very big fish too. Not to many fish are better eating then fresh seabass. Congrats on your fish.

We get them up here every once in awhile. Great eating and really great fun to catch. Good Job. Enjoy the feast.

thanx for the comments guys . hey crannky , you can have some if you let me know how the 6x45 is shooting . or let me know when you take it out so I can take a closer look at it : )

hey crannky , you can have some if you let me know how the 6x45 is shooting . or let me know when you take it out so I can take a closer look at it : )
I ended up leaving it in MO so I would have a predator hunting rifle to use this fall when I am back there. I have not shot it a lot, but so far it really seems to like the 55 Sierra BK through that 1 in 10 twist barrel. As a matter of fact, I just ordered 100 more Sierra and some Lapua brass so I can load some stuff up for it next week.

zippy1970, since your from Hawthorne California a place I use to hang out years ago alongwith the Beach Boys lol, I'm wondering if you knew Dennis Austin, Ron Schmidt or maybe Fred Oakley? Most of the old guys from southbay are gone now sorry to say, but some great fisherman.

if they fished out of redondo , on the twilights , i might have meet them . i worked for play on alot of the twilight boats after work . there was never a better way to relax after framing houses than going out on the twilight boat and watching people have a great afternoon .