Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ToolZero

CZ .17 HMR?

11 posts in this topic

Great gun. Nicer wood than the others. Accurate. Cheap $15 trigger fix from Brookies, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the hmr's, it is a fun little caliber. jmho dale

I agree with bzzrd feedr on this one. CZ makes a great product and with the adjustable trigger it's a nice gun. Like Dale said I know there was a cheap fix from Brookies but I don't know if that is still required or not? I don't think you'd regret purchasing the CZ.

I've got one...it's great. Very accurate...off the bipod ,it shoots federal into 3/4" at 100yds all day.the trigger is easy to tune up,too.

That's great and I'm glad you're happy with it. It will shoot even better after you get 3-400 rounds down the tube. Don't get to carried away about brands of ammo cause it's all loaded by CCI and all the v-max bullets are from Hornady. Speer (sister company of CCI and Federal) make the rest of the bullets offered. I've tried them all and it seems to be more of a lot # rather than who's brand. I've found that the Speer bullets have a different POI. JMHO Dale

Those CZ's are growing on me. Might make one my calling gun in 223.
OH MY GOD! :P Mr Mister and .223 in the same sentence. ;)

I don't like the Remington loads. The Hornady V-Max seem the best to me.
Other than the color of the poly tip and a case stamp, the Rem. Hornady, etc are all the same.

Capitol I agree for an autoloader the VQ is a great gun but they are lots of moola$. I've got a Std. w/Hogue stock that I've shot over 4000 rds. thru. Had a problem w/the cases blowing out, sent it back to VQ and it came back with a new and improved bolt at no cost. NOTE make sure you wear eye protection especially with an autoloader) I also have a Fusion switch barrel that I'm beginning to like more and more. The newest VQ in my safe is a Predator Pistol that is a great window shooter and I can't believe how accurate it is w/a 12" barrel.

My Contender has a 14 inch barrel, but I think it's more accurate than my rifle! :P It really likes the 20 grain XTP's which isn't the perfect dirt squirrel round. But I've shot a couple of clover leaf groups with it at 50 yards so it goes where I point it. ;)