Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aquaelvis

Had some luck out at the aqueduct...

4 posts in this topic

I have been heading out to the 'duct instead of hunting for the summer. (better be a TON of little pups ready for me come the end of summer!) Anyway, it has been fun. If you are close to the dict go out and give it a try. I am having the best luck with anchovy. (chicken liver has been working for the cats and small stripped bass, but the bigger stripes have all been on 'chovy. Some recent pics...post-1634-1208927838_thumb.jpgpost-1634-1208927847_thumb.jpgpost-1634-1208927935_thumb.jpgpost-1634-1208927943_thumb.jpg

Those look like good eating size.

They all got released. It has been so long since I cleaned a fish I don't even remember how! I think most/all of those could have been kept, there is an 18 inch minimum at the aqueduct. The first pics is of a beast I caught tonight. He looks small in the pic but that boy was a chunk. What a fight! :aggressive: I have caught a bunch of catfish out there too. Nothing really big yet... but they are out there. They even come in "mini" size :rolleyes:post-1634-1208928661_thumb.jpg

Have you tried the delta mendota ? thats the smaller canal next to the aquaduct they are in there to. Fun place you can fish from your truck. Stripers are fun. need to get some flies tied for them.