clampdaddy

Custom Howler by Braz

22 posts in this topic

I just couldn't wait to get my call to post a pic of it. Braz hooked me up with a truely one of a kind custom howler.I can't wait to hear it. Thanks a million Lynn! :1rock1oo:Sorry folks, looks like the pic didn't come thru.

Don't know what happened. Here is the call I made for Matt. Like he said, a one of a kind. post-3-1270511492.jpg

It's up to Matt to explain the significance and why he wanted it.

A buddy of mine is an ECV Howler and he invited me to become one. The "Howlin'" is a special, invitation only event and I wanted a special call for the ocasion. Once I'm a Howler this call will forever hang on my vest like a badge of honor.

Are you pullin' my leg? I thought all country boys knew about the clampers. You ever see a saloon full of guys wearing red shirts and black vests that are covered in pins and patches? Just google E Clampus Vitus and you can get an idea of what ECV is about. The computer wont tell you about the fun stuff we do though! :roflmao3[1]:

Hey Braz! Do you make a closed reed howler? I can't operate one of those open reeds to save my life! Looked at some howlers at Bass Pro shops but I'm tired of the mass produced calls. They all sound the same. I currently use an e-caller for howling but switch to a closed reed for distress calling. Now that I have your Double reed caller, it'll be even better. Let me know please :roflmao3[1]:

NICE!!!

What is ECV Your not from around here are you ! :drinks: Real nice call.

Nope don't make a closed reed howler. Not sure how to do it, as you have to move the reed in and out to change the pitch, and don't know how you would do that with a closed reed.

The harder you blow into them the higher the pitch gets. They're great for barks and basic howls but you can't do the really fast pitch changes like you can with an open reed. I have a Knight and Hale you can copy.......why not, they'd do it. :roflmao3[1]:

Hey Braz, the call made it home today. It looks even better in person! :aggressive:

Fiveflat its a organized drinking club.
Actually, it's more of a drinking historical society than a historical drinking society. Many of the roadside historical landmarks throughout California were established by the Clampers. Not to mention the community service and volunteer work... Here's a channel 3 news clip of one of their more recent monuments:

Actually, it's more of a drinking historical society than a historical drinking society. Many of the roadside historical landmarks throughout California were established by the Clampers. Not to mention the community service and volunteer work... Here's a channel 3 news clip of one of their more recent monuments:
Great find Wes. :signs1180lq: Glad to see some good news press about the Ancient and Honorable Order.

Great find Wes. :hellohello9il: Glad to see some good news press about the Ancient and Honorable Order.
Here's another find regarding the ECV plaque relocation & dedication I was at a week ago:http://www.kdrv.com/article.aspx?id=29060

Another good one. It would have been cool if they showed the actual dedication.

They were supposed to be at the dedication but the film crew didn't show up. It was a much bigger turnout than I anticipated with well over 100 people there. The local historical society came out, along with some of the people from the community, and one woman who said she was there for her 90 year old dying father who's been a Clamper for some 60+ years. She said he was in the hospital and couldn't make it so he asked her to be there to represent him. I wish that could have made the news...

I was inducted into the Howlers Socioty this weekend. We all had a great time. Here's a pic of the call hanging from my vest.100_0289.jpg