Cranky Farmer

How do they record this video through their scope?

8 posts in this topic

Heck of a shot and great pictues. Is it some kind of a built in video? Built into the scope?

eoi-inc.com has a scope adapter. There are several versions/brands available. Primarily used by Law Enforcement snipers, training and for review of shooting incidents.Several years ago a buddy and I used a home video camera to record a squirrel shoot this way. You have to look thru the camera and thru the scope at the same time. The camera records the magnified image of the scope. We were using a heavy barreled .223 and the muzzle jump was light enough to see hits. A rimfire would be ideal for this. Sandbags help a lot. The video turned out pretty good, we watched it later in the day, on a tv, while enjoying an adult beverage.

Elcan makes one, about $1200.00 at "SportsmansGuide.comThis one is self contained. Other types send the image to a recorder in a hard case. $2500 a few years ago.

Bushnell has a new Videoscope out, 5x and 30 minutes of record time. Looks like it mounts to the top of the scope. About $270 on the shelf.

Yea, that looks like a really nice deal too. I came across those while looking for a scope just recently. I'm considering one.