fiveflat

Fiveflat's AR build...

42 posts in this topic

looks great

Now that it's built I'm kinda thinking of taking it apart and painting the lower and upper together an tan or green or something. You all think it looks good black, or should I paint it? Although. It'll look better once I mount my glass on it in black as well...

I'm up in the air over optics for this thing. It's actually lighter than my Remington so it'll be my primary carry on dawgie hunts. I'm thinking about pulling my Leupold VX-II 4-12X40 off my Remington and putting it on this and buying a higher power for the Remington.Or should I use something else for this? Throw out some ideas folks...

I'm up in the air over optics for this thing. It's actually lighter than my Remington so it'll be my primary carry on dawgie hunts. I'm thinking about pulling my Leupold VX-II 4-12X40 off my Remington and putting it on this and buying a higher power for the Remington.Or should I use something else for this? Throw out some ideas folks...
I put a Bushnell Browning 3-9x40 on mine and I really like it. (made to the same specs as a 3200 Elite). That Leupold would be a great fit for a Yote AR.

Is this a dedicated coyote gettin' rifle?
At this point it will be because it's a lighter gun than my Remington. I'd like to take it to Cedarville for squeek gettin' too... I wouldn't mind taking the Bushnell Legend (3-9X40) off my Marlin .22 (which has iron sights), but it's a legend scope...

Looks sexy... leave the black, I think it looks awesome! Man, I need too get off my arse and do something with my lower!

At this point it will be because it's a lighter gun than my Remington. I'd like to take it to Cedarville for squeek gettin' too... I wouldn't mind taking the Bushnell Legend (3-9X40) off my Marlin .22 (which has iron sights), but it's a legend scope...
That would work. The legends are nice and I think just a tad below the elites. I think I read that they are built in the PI which is good.

Well, a friend of mine talked me into a no questions asked "give it a shot" (no pun intended) try out on an NcSTAR. I've never heard of this scope but I'm gonna give it a shot. Anyone else heard of NcSTAR? They come with a lifetime warranty. My dealer told me that in over 3 years he's only sent 1 back and they just replaced it - no questions asked. Based out of L.A. area.Green illuminated reticle with rangefinder in 4-16X50 and a 30mm tube.

post-912-1208907614_thumb.jpg

post-912-1208907626_thumb.jpg

post-912-1208907633_thumb.jpg

post-912-1208907641_thumb.jpg

Well, I think they are generally lower quality optics.I have one an a Mosin Nagant M-38 and it has taken a beating so far with no problems. It's a 3-7 long eye relief scope. I hope it works out for you.

No. I posted a message in that other thread about the Mueller. My wife had bought me a scope for my birthday (which is next Wednesday) but I spoiled it because I bought this one. So she showed me the new Bushnell she bought me.I put it on the rifle and she doesn't like how it looks (says it doesn't match - I guess it doesn't but that's a woman fer ya) so we may be returning it and I'll get a leupold 3-9X40 in matte black I guess....

post-912-1209095434_thumb.jpg

Nothing wrong with a Leupy!
Nope - not at all. I went with a 4-12X40. Here she is in all her glory...post-912-1209786100_thumb.jpg