fiveflat

Fiveflat's AR build...

42 posts in this topic

The construction of my S-15 MODULAR REPEATING RIFLE ( :signs1180lq: )Here you see my STAG lower receiver (which I purchased over a year ago). And next to that is the matching STAG lower parts kit. In the top left corner of the LPK, you'll see I have another mag catch button... Yup - it's the Prince50.

post-912-1207527358_thumb.jpg

post-912-1207527366_thumb.jpg

And here is the lower fully assembled minus the stock and upper... complete with the Prince50 mag lock in place.

post-912-1207531365_thumb.jpg

Nice!! Keep the pics coming as you get them. One question, what made you go Prince 50 over BB?

Well, first of all - I know both of them are legitimate mag locking devices.But if I ever encounter someone that has the privilege to search me I would rather have a little less question on their behalf. I do plan to hunt with mine, so it will be out in the "open" often. So it just boils down to my own comfort level I suppose.But that LPK wasn't so bad. I was a bit worried that I'd wrestle it quite a bit. But I think I did a decent job. Got it done right at an hour according to the timestamps on the posts.

Wonder if John would be so kind to change the topic of this thread from "Here we go..." to "Fiveflat's AR build" :signs1180lq:

Well boys and girls - I just got off the phone with a fella that was probably beginning to think I was a royal pain in the arse with a bunch of phone calls and no money. But I just proved him wrong!I spent alot of money with him this morning and ordered my 20" varmint upper with 1-12 twist. Stainless fluted barrel and I just went with a half camo (Mossy Oak Breakup) upper and left the upper receiver black so it matches up a bit more with my black lower.I should get it sometime next week I think.Oh man how am I gonna explain this to the wife.... :1106:

Just got an email telling me what brown can do for me...Deliver the upper, buttstock, and grip in the next couple days... that's what brown can do for me :pirashoot:

I'm trying to find a way to leave early too, but that's so I can go join an out of town friend at the bar. Haha.Don't get too antsy!

I wonder what could possibly be in this long narrow box that has my name on it...I'm giggling like a little school girl :roflmao3[1]:box.jpg

yup! can hardly wait to try it on!So, being the impatient one that I am, I just started in on it. I don't know how you all can take pictures with one hand while you assemble something with the other...assembled.jpgAnd one more for looks:s15close.jpg

That looks great! Did they include the test target?
No, they sure didn't. I didn't even think about it until you said something.I guess they're leaving it as a surprise for me... yea - that's it. :)

Man that is cool! We look forward to the range report! Do me a favor and get that thing on a scale if you have one. Just curious how much heavier the varmint upper and standard stock are.

Hey John, or any other true AR registered owner...Do the more strict transport rules apply to my modular repeating rifle, same as a true registered "assault rifle"?