rude robert

remington 870 super express magnum

7 posts in this topic

i was told that i can buy a slug barrel for it. i can change the chokes on mine (when i get it in 10 days) but they say its not good for slugs. so, im looking on getting one any ideas thx robert

I have an express super mag that is currently my "multi-tool" of guns. I'm not sure what your question was, but yes, you can buy a slug barrel with cantilever scope mounts (or without). You can shoot rifled slugs (or get a rifled choke) out of your current barrel. Shooting slugs is fun.

The bore diameter should measure about .729 inches. You can shoot the "Foster" type slugs in it with no problem. You should use the "IC - improved cylinder" choke tube. If you want to shoot "Sabot" type slugs buy and use a "Rifled" choke tube.

i was told that i can buy a slug barrel for it. i can change the chokes on mine (when i get it in 10 days) but they say its not good for slugs. so, im looking on getting one any ideas thx robert
I've got the same gun - its great for Goose! 3 1/2 shells kick like a 10 gauge!I've also purchased a rifled slug barrel for it and they change out pretty quick - but it needs sabot slugs which are expensive.If you want to shoot slugs through the original barrel you could buy rifled slugs (cheaper) or add a rifled choke and use sabot slugs.I've only had the rifled barrell a couple months and haven't completely sighted it in yet but I'm looking forward to using it on some pork.