Stiff Neck

Fired my first reloaded rounds today

18 posts in this topic

I fired off my first batch of reloaded ammo today, all went well. I wasn't getting very good groups at 100 yards at all, even with some factory ammo I was using up. I was prone, shooting from a front rest and rear rabbit ears, in drizzly but calm weather. My groups at 100 were about 2 inches (didn't bother to measure) while my groups at 200 yards were pretty good. Time after time, my 100 yard groups sucked. Here's a 200 yard group. I love shooting rocks.200.jpg

Naw. My next rifle will probably be a 17. But shooting rocks at 17 yards ain't no fun! :)I briefly considered moving that big rock from 204 yards out to 223 yards, but that's no fun either! :lol:

I briefly considered moving that big rock from 204 yards out to 223 yards, but that's no fun either! :(
Wouldn't it be easier to move the rifle instead?? :lol:

223Win brass40gr V-maxH335C.O.L. 2.200"Barrel twist 1:12, 24"The bad targets at 100 were probably just a mental block on my part.

Wouldn't it be easier to move the rifle instead??
No. It was drizzling and I was set up under a bunch of trees with a thick canopy of overhanging branches to stay mostly dry. It would have been easier to move the boulder than the trees. ;)

It would have been easier to move the boulder than the trees. :P
But by the time you moved the boulder, you could've planted new trees, waited for them to grow, and still be shoot'n quicker.

I like shooting rocks also.Big guns turn big rocks into little rocks,which means more targets for little guns.You outta shoot AP rounds at rocks. They produce sparkes and little holes instead of chips.

I like shooting rocks also.Big guns turn big rocks into little rocks,which means more targets for little guns.You outta shoot AP rounds at rocks. They produce sparkes and little holes instead of chips.
That could be dangerous down here in the currently very dry SoCal! But I agree, it does sound fun.

It starts out simple but then you got to have more and more and more. Don't fall prey to the addictive powers of reloading. Seek counseling and try to ween yourself off of it before it becomes too late. Put all that reloading equipment in a big box and mail it to me so that it can be disposed of properly. I am willing to do this for you as a favor and as a concerned individual that has fallen prey to one of Satans tricks. Just ask anybody on this board that reloads and they can confirm what I am telling you. It's not to late yet and may help you to the long road to recovery. And welcome to a facinating aspect of shooting..... Walt

I am willing to do this for you as a favor and as a concerned individual that has fallen prey to one of Satans tricks...... Walt
:):lol:

Stiff Neck Im much closer than Walt you will save postage. The money you save you can use on withdrawl medication. :lol:

We were just trying to save you :) but your to far gone to help :lol: what a way to go :)