Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
clampdaddy

My "new" yote hammer

29 posts in this topic

Here's my 870 that I plan on useing for yotes and turkeys. Once upon a time I didn't have the cash to buy a deer rifle (or a rifled slug barrel) for an up comeing deer season so I got a smoothbored tube. I never got a deer with it and the barrel was pretty much useless with its IC choke. I recently had it threaded for choke tubes and I think it will make for a very versitile rig. I just got done giving it a rattle-camo job.100_0140.jpg100_0141.jpgYou can see the pattern a little better here.

Good looking job again Matt.

Thanks guys. That gun was pretty much retired to a life in the back of the gunsafe until ShooterJohn told me about the place that did the choke job for me. It wont see as much use as my new wing shooter but at least now it has a purpose built job to handle.

Wow! Looks nice Matt. SO that choke guy treated you ok? :)
They are awsome! They got my barrel back even quicker than they said they would and thier work is top notch. I'd recomend them to anyone.

great looking set-up. great to get good service.

Damn, Clamp, poor ole Wiley ain't gotta chance now. I mean is that really fair? :) Just kidding... besides, since when is life fair anyhow? Anyway, GREAT looking shotgun and is going to serve you very well indeed. :rolleyes: Frank

Did you get the work done by R&D? What choke are you going with?And lastly, do you have a step by step for that rattle can job, cause it looks SAWEET?!?

Yep, R & D did the job for me. I'm not sure about the choke yet. I need to get some #4 buck and pattern the chokes I already have and compare it to the results the other members are getting with some of thier specialty chokes.The camo job is easy. I found the procedure on the CPC forum. First take a clump of bristles (about the size of a big turkey beard) out of a straw broom, tape one end and kinda fan them out, paint the gun one full color, put the "turkey beard over a spot and quickley hit it with your next color, move it over and repeat until the gun is covered, then start over with your last color but leave gaps inbetween the shots of paint. On this gun I used green first, then tan, and finnished with shots of brown where they looked like it needed it.

Thanks! I may send my Mossberg 590 barrel in later on.As for the camo, what brand did you use? I have used the Krylon Fusion in the past with good/great results. I'm thinking once my AR is finished, that I may need to camo it. Then it won't be a Evil Black Gun anymore. :signgreatreport3kg:

Hey Matt, I'll buy the paint, a broom and supply the beer if you'll paint a couple of sections on my truck like that. I've got two panels that run the length of my pickup that Ford's great paint job peeled. I'd like to paint them camo.

:signs1180lq: By the time I'd get done doing the sides of a pick-up I wouldn't be able to drive home. I was haveing a few beers the other day and I almost got up the gumption to camo my old john-boat........but I ran outta beer. :good: wannakillacoyote-------That krylon fusion camo paint is what I used. I used carb cleaner to degrease the metal fist and it's sticking better than my last gun that I used alcohol on.shoot-it------Thanks Johnny. I used green as the basecoat this time and the colors seemed to stand out better.I picked up a rifled choke tube and a bunch of different slugs and took 'er for a spin today. I did manage to get some pretty good groups with it but that gun is no fun to shoot from a bench! :504:

wannakillacoyote-------That krylon fusion camo paint is what I used. I used carb cleaner to degrease the metal fist and it's sticking better than my last gun that I used alcohol on.
Thanks, glad to hear it is something available local and reasonable. Now to commandeer a broom from the kitchen. :good:

All we need is a case of beer and some paint and clamp can come over and paint our rifles. I bet your glad you ran out of beer Matt or you would have painted your house to LOL.

Nice job I bet it gets one. Happy hunting with it. :roflmao3[1]:;):pirashoot:

........I bet your glad you ran out of beer Matt or you would have painted your house to LOL.
Or the ol' ladys honda. :signs1180lq:

The Camo job looks great. Lets us know how it patterns, it should be interesting with the shorter barrel. Pretty cool idea.

Welcome to the forum Michigan. I went to the gunshop today in search of some #4 buck but they didn't have any. :signlol2iu: I did pick up a limbsaver sissy pad for it though. The lil' ba$tard bucks pretty good and the factory pad is almost as hard as the plastic stock it's screwed to.

Great job Clamp. :censored[1]: You might want to reload those #4 buck. lots cheeper Well maybe not lots cheeper with the price of shipping lead but cheeper and you can make them realy rock. :drinks::yahoo:

I was thinking about it. It would probably be the best way to get the tightest pattern from my gun.

Nice Job!!! :good: How much do you charge?

Trust me, it's really easy. There's no need to pay anyone to camo your gun. The hardest part is getting the courage up to take a can of spraypaint to a nice gun.