Robs223

100 yrd. Rifle Range

18 posts in this topic

Recently I switched out my trigger system with a Chip McCormick replacement in my Bushmaster AR15, it went from an 8lb. to a 3lb. pull, took me all of 20 minutes to complete it. I wanted to see just how accurate it would be at the 100yrd. range, needless to say IM more then happy with the pattern at that range :smiley_kewlpics:

post-915-1205284097_thumb.jpg

post-915-1205284108_thumb.jpg

That is nice shooting... I was thinking about one of those triggers. I keep hearing great things about them from the AR guys. Does your FS get in the way of the scope? Can you see it when you look through the scope?I am working on a deal to get complete AR's for super cheap. So that has derailed my build for a while. They will not ship to CA ad the AR's need a bullet button to be CA legal. So I am having to get them shipped to a buddy out of state, he is going to strip it all down and ship the parts to me. I'll use my lower that I have now and get the other lower sent to my FFL. (still unsure if that lower will be CA legal, if it is not then he gets to keep it)IF it all comes together it will take some time, as much as 4-8 weeks to get it to my buddy.I'll let you guys know if that works out. I'll be getting more than one at that price if it does!

Very Nice , Great job

That makes me smile. :roflmao3[1]: I hope mine is that accurate. I just ordered a DPMS Muzzle Brake Levang Linear from MidwayUsa. It is supposed to make more of the noise go forward instead of blowing back. It is perceived to be much quieter, which will be nice when hunting coyote with no hearing protection.

Looks great. I have a CM on my 223 back in MO and really like it. My only complaint is that I don't get to shoot it very much!

I just ordered a DPMS Muzzle Brake Levang Linear from MidwayUsa. It is supposed to make more of the noise go forward instead of blowing back. It is perceived to be much quieter, which will be nice when hunting coyote with no hearing protection.
I put the same brake on my Howa .22-250 which I haven't fired yet, but it was test fired by the gunsmith. If you are shooting prone it will also prevent a lot of dust and debris from blowing up from the muzzle blast that normally escapes out the side of most muzzle brakes. I have another that was going to be installed on the Keltec, but after two months in the shop the smith said he couldn't figure out how to remove the barrel to shorten and thread it. :roflmao3[1]: In other words he had other work that paid more and set mine aside. This has happened three times now with this guy. BTW, he claims, for black gun purposes, that the muzzle brake is not a muzzle brake at all, but is a muzzle lift compensator. SteveH

Nice shooting but do you need to repair the holes in the dry wall now. :roflmao3[1]:

killem_all, nice group you shot there. When are you going to get a hacksaw and cut that front sight off? :roflmao3[1]:

killem_all, nice group you shot there. When are you going to get a hacksaw and cut that front sight off? :rofl2:
LOL If it got in the way I would have for sure but I like it actually, it sets off the look of an AR even though I cant have a :roflmao3[1]: clip, thanks to California politicians and legeslators.

Ok, those front sights make opening beer bottles easier. :roflmao3[1]:
Really, it'll do that?! Wait till I get home!!! :drinks::rofl2:

I put the same brake on my Howa .22-250 which I haven't fired yet, but it was test fired by the gunsmith. If you are shooting prone it will also prevent a lot of dust and debris from blowing up from the muzzle blast that normally escapes out the side of most muzzle brakes. I have another that was going to be installed on the Keltec, but after two months in the shop the smith said he couldn't figure out how to remove the barrel to shorten and thread it. :huh: In other words he had other work that paid more and set mine aside. This has happened three times now with this guy. BTW, he claims, for black gun purposes, that the muzzle brake is not a muzzle brake at all, but is a muzzle lift compensator. SteveH
Good to hear about kicking up the dirt. I heard people talking about how LOUD these AR's are with flash suppressors. I think my AR just has threads and I should be able to just unscrew the A2 and screw the new one on. I have a couple crush washers coming as well. I guess since it doesn't have a lug, you can just put a couple screw drivers in the outer holes and use another screwdriver to tighten it on. Does that make sense? :lol: ANyway, only other thing I am worried about is the brake throwing the balance off. We will see. :)