Iron Worker

GPS units

32 posts in this topic

There are affordable garmin units out there that you can create your own basemap with. This means you can grab google earth sat imagry and use it as a background. I do this kind of stuff for a living so if you really want to know how hit me up.

Man, I hate you guys...I've been wanting a GPS forever. I just bought this guy and some mounting accessories, but didn't pay nearly that price thankfully. https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=310Chalk up another reason my AR's are going to be waiting a little longer.Can I blame this forum for a lot of money spent in the last year, let alone the last month or two?

There are affordable garmin units out there that you can create your own basemap with. This means you can grab google earth sat imagry and use it as a background. I do this kind of stuff for a living so if you really want to know how hit me up.
So I've read that the model I just purchased has some "iffyness" with the basemap. People (the reviews) are saying that I'll want to add additional Mapping software...what would I need if i deem the basemapping inadequate?

sorry folks but the batteries have never died in my Quadrangle map and compass.
Amen. GPS units are a weakness and only useful for calling ARTY. Maps are #1, GPS #2/verfication.also keep 2 maps especialy if you solo hunt. One on you and one at homecamp/home/with friends if somebody needs to come find your sorry butt.

well, i have a gps its a earth mate. my friend from idaho has one and yes it give mph lol. so, its comming on friday. my friend bought it with his discount and came to 384. gps pn 20 check it out on net. it does a lot robert

well, i got my earth mate gps on monday, i cant put a link in cause i dont know how lol. for 384 with shipping i got about 50$ in discount because i used my friends to buy it for me with his account. the program or options are extensive meaning once u start to learn the program its gets better lol. it has a lot of stuff with it and u can add to it too. my friend says that the gps does float he know from experiance lol. he says it wont float forever but it does float. i can print maps from my program so i have both maps and gps so im covered now if only i can figure how to turn it on lol robert