wannakillacoyote

My AR build Start to Finish

147 posts in this topic

Hey guys, she is not finished yet but I couldn't wait to get some pics up. :D I won't say how long it took me, but I got it together without the proper tools and it functions perfectly. My upper should be here a week from this Monday. "There are many like it, but this one is mine!"ar1so5.jpgar2de5.jpgar3hw4.jpgarlower1aa6.jpgarlower2ms5.jpgarlower3ry8.jpgarlower4qt1.jpgarlower5bulletmd1.jpgSpecs are as follows:Stag LowerDPMS LPK6 pos M-4 stockBullet Botton KitUpper will be a Stag flat-top (no iron sights) 16" chrome lined 1-9 barrel.Scope will be a Bushnell Browning 3-9x40 (same as Elite 3200)

Ah yes, another big boy's Erector Set firearm. I guess I'm just too old to get into the black gun thing. A friend told me today that he just bought Stag and was elated that it is supposed to shoot 2 MOA and he only paid $1,200 for it and it weighs a little more than 8 lbs. I asked if he liked the trigger and he said no, but could get a good trigger assembly of $200. Anyone want a Keltec SU16A for $300 with only about 200 rounds through it? The catch is you have to come to Taft to do the transaction and pay the fees.Running and ducking for cover!!! :D:smiley_kewlpics: See you Sunday morning with your real rifle.SteveH

I paid around $735 for mine (minus scope) by building it myself. Not sure how accurate it will be but hopefully good enough for "minute of Coyote". As for the trigger, a decent 3-4 lb crisp trigger can be had for around $88. I figure this trigger is good enough for now. If I had some $$ I might be interested in that Keltec. Maybe we can work out some sort of trade? :D What does 10percent charge for transfers?

Haha, you got me. My head was probably a little foggy after all the excitement. Not to mention the multiple four letter words that were flying around while putting this together. :D

The way you have it all set up in front of your laptop is great. I LUV it! The black rifle disease has got you now. Beware of up coming urges to build more of em in different calibers :D
Yep that's ar15.com's step by step build it yourself guide. As for the disease, yes I will be building another. I found a place where I can get 3 lowers for $105 each. Then pay $5 for the transfer and only pay one DROS. So I may just pick-up a 3 pack next time. Now I just need to figure out what calibers will work in the standard 5.56 lower.

Congrats to you! As the funny money trickles back in look at getting a more comfortable pistol grip; your hands will thank you for it!Here's another cheap upgrade that I really liked. I can wear gloves and get to the trigger easy, plus I really like the looks of it.mp_miadtrig.jpgFor an idea of what calibers you can shoot from that lower check out the D-Tech website .... plus I think the 50 Buwolf and the new 450 Thumper will work with your lower.

Yeah, I have been looking at either a Hogue grip or Magpul. As for the alternate calibers, I think .204 would be cool. I was thinking my next caliber would be .243, but I don't want to spend all the AR10 $$ for one. So I will probably get a savage in .243.

Hmmm, those are some funny lookin cases. I may have to look into those though. Thanks

Looks good man, can't wait to get working on mine. I'll have to have you over when I put mine together since you know what you are doing now. $315 for 3 lowers.... sick!How about a break down of prices and where you got everything? Get it done... looks awesome so far!

No problem, I will give ya a hand if you need it. I doubt you will need help though. The directions and pics on ar15.com are pretty good. I would suggest getting a set of punch's though and lots of blue tape. I did this one without punch's and next time I will have a set. As far as prices for my build:DPMS LPK -- a guy on AR15.com $52Adjustable stock -- Derek dhobkirk@hawaii.rr.com on AR15.com $50 (got a discount for military)Stag-15 Model 3H Pre-Ban Flat-Top 16" Barrel Chrome Lined 1-9 -- AR15Sales.com $449For a total of: $736 shipped

I just built the one in the middle from spare parts that I've collected over the last couple of years. It's a 20" Armalite upper on a Sundevil (milled) lower with a bullet button. The one on the left is a vaminter that I built for my kids to whack ground squirrels with and the the one on the right is my left handed Stag.EBRFamily.jpg

VERY NICE!! I hope to have AR triplets someday. :signtripledogdare2wf:

That's true here too . I built my 1st one in 6x45 (6mmx.223) , just bought a 6.5 grendel complete upper , have a 20" krieger 1-7.7 .223 barrel and I am looking into making one in .20 tactical . I only have the one lower . Due to total lack of space in my space . No room for the uppers let alone 3 more complete rifles .

I built my 1st one in 6x45 (6mmx.223)
Could I bother you for some load data? My new Shilen barrel chambered in 6 x 45 will be here in the next couple of weeks.

If you install a bullet button you can leagally swap out magazines and dont have to load from the top That is one of the reason I decided to go ahead and build onenow. Robert

Technically, just having the lower go through DROS and FFL means that it would be covered if any further legislation was passed, right? As in, if I were to just buy the lower right now, I could finish it whenever???

Technically, just having the lower go through DROS and FFL means that it would be covered if any further legislation was passed, right? As in, if I were to just buy the lower right now, I could finish it whenever???
Thats my understanding. Jeff don't fool yourself once you get it you won't wait to build it. LOL you probably be like plotting to get it done before my April Cedarville trip Robert

Yes Jeff, if these new "off list lowers" get banned like the others, the people who own lowers (the only part with numbers) that are registered will be OK. (would probably need to re-register as assault rifles like the people did the first time) But, we'll be grandfathered in. (like the first time) One note for people reading this... it is NOT my opinion that you can change mags out of these rifles just like the pre-ban guys do. I have read, re-read and read again the law and it seems very clear to me that once you use a bullet button to remove the mag... you are in possession of an assault rifle as stated by CA law. (felony) The law says you can have these if they are NOT on the banned list. OK, that is easy, just buy one of the lower not listed. In order to have all the "evil" features on these guns (stock, handgrip, etc, etc) there are other things that need to happen. The law says that you CAN NOT have a rifle with "evil" features that is capable of accepting a removable magazine. (then it is an assault rifle) As soon as the mag is removed from a bullet button gun, it now "could" accept a removable mag = felony. It is all up for debate but that is what the law says. I will not take my mag out in public, I'll either top load (easy) or take the upper off. Check out calgun.net for lots of good info on this.