justin_502

Lake Piru

9 posts in this topic

Weekend looks like good weather again, Mabey friday ill clean up the boat charge up the battries and head down to lake piru. I never have good luck with the bass there, but if you troll over there by the dam with some leadcore and a lure you always bag some nice trout! I really dont like castiac anymore, unless you go on a weekday that place is packed! Silverwood might be a option, havent been on that lake yet tho. Any words on it, hows the fishing

I used to troll a bunch for trout. Threw away my leadcore though. After switching to downriggers years ago I just couldn't go back to leadcore. I guess it's the fight without the leadcore weight.

Having fished a few bass tournaments on Piru I can tell you that it is one tough lake to fish at any time except in the spring.--jim d

Piru is a tough lake to fish. Trolling for trout is probably the best option right now. Maybe tossing some crappie lures in the reeds will land you a few fish also.

Wrong bait guys :rolleyes: you need all season dinamite :huh: . Almost time for stream fishing :) Where ever you go good luck.

I use to fish silverwood alot its a great lake for trout and they have some great striper fishing the bass was ok at least for me. Troll for stripers near the spill way.

Haven't been to Sliverwood in a few years but from what I hear they have redone the lake and just reopened it a year ago. the reports I've seen and heard have been good