A17Shooter

More Load Work to do!

5 posts in this topic

Picked up my rebarrelling job from the gunsmith tonight. ;) I'm now the owner of a Rem 700 with a 26" Pac-Nor 1-9" twist barrel chambered for 204 Ruger. It should be good for everthing from the 32 gr bullets to the 50 gr Berger. :D I'll just have to start load work. Fortunately I have the data from working with the Browning A-Bolt as a starting point. Unfortunately, I have other work to do this weekend so the range is not in the schedule. ;) Stay tuned.Gary

SmallBlockFuelie,I'll get a pic. But, it's nothing special to look at.ShooterJohn,The Browning had the standard 1 in 12" twist. This one has the 1in 9" twist to handle the heavier bullets like the 50 gr Berger. Mr. Mister,I'll post the results as I get them.A17Shooter

ShooterJohn,The Browning had the standard 1 in 12" twist. This one has the 1in 9" twist to handle the heavier bullets like the 50 gr Berger.
Thanks Gary, I was just curious. I was surprised how well my Savage with 1 in 9 twist shot the light bullets as well as the heavy ones.