RangerRon

Crab

11 posts in this topic

I'm interested in the type of fish. They sure look good. Nice catch.

I am totally envious.Sand dabs are my favorite fish,and I've been banned from several crab feeds. Looks like you guys had a great day,,,,good on ya

Makes me wanna jump on a crab trip now :)Nice harvest!

good job i've fished alaska for 3 years and this is the first oppilo season im missing so im real bitter but out of all the kinds of crab dungies are my fav a trick i learned in kodiak fishing for dungies is use Fresh clams you will out count every one. oh yea be sure you have a small zinc wire tied to all your pots. zincs dont matter on net mesh pots but with the sainless wires the pot gets HOT and the zinc will cool them off and help you slay them

It just like the downriggers on a boat they can build a charge and actually keep fish away. Probably the same thing with the crabs and the SS pots.

yea they create a charge and we make our pot zincs by melting down old zincs and molding them into mini cupcake pans we wire tie them to the pots they are great

YUM YUM YUM Sand dabs and crab. I can eat crab and sand dabs till I pop. Love catching sand dabs on bass tackle. I go out of capitola. anybody whants to go. (August) :(:lol: