Cranky Farmer

AO scope question

5 posts in this topic

I am sitting here at home making my packing list of things I need to take for my TX hunting trip next month and I got to pondering about the scope on my rifle. I dont want to miss a shot because I am goofing with the AO on my scope. Can I just leave it set on infinate during my TX night hunts? I honestly have never even used it so I dont know. Thanks!

I have the solution. Just stalk the game so it is always the exact same distance from you before you shoot. :) db

Don't worry about it, but if you want to test it go out at night in your yard and take a look see. The biggest thing I see people doing at night is trying to use to much power on their scope. Just crank it down and leave it down. The lower power will take care of the adjustable objective. plus you'll be able to find what you're looking for in your scope. :)

Thanks guys. I am excited about this hunt (10th and 11th) and want to make ever shot count while I am there. I especially dont want to miss the opportunity to take a shot because I have to turn the A) up or down so I can see. Jeph and I are both taking cameras, so I will report back with a story and, hopefully, pictures!!

If I remember correctly non AO scopes have the parallax set at 150 yds. Gary