tbrincefield

Bowhunters! What do you shoot!

37 posts in this topic

Well, I am either buying a new plinking rifle or a new bow, and I was just wondering what you all recommend. I'm looking for a mixture of value and quality. I've seen sets on cabela's and bass pro's websites for around $500, and am considering them. Can anyone recommend one brand over the other? I've owned Proline and PSE, preferred the PSE, but can't find a new one to handle. Impact Archery is close, but seem to only carry Hoyt, or at least they like them a lot. $800 is just a little pricey. Help please...Tim

Call me a cheapskate but I am shooting a PSE Nova single cam. Purchased the bow at a Sportsmans Wharehouse 2 yrs ago. Have never had any problems with it. Bow it set a 60lbs draw.--jim d

I'm shooting a Hoyt, just got it for Christmas. I love everything about it, except that I keep breaking nocks at 30 yds :signgreatreport3kg: , and 1 robin hood so far. My wife doesn't enjoy the continual flow of $$ supporting my habbit.

My solution to breaking nocks is to buy self-adhesive target spots, the ones I buy are 6" diameter but I cut them down to 3" dia. and only shoot one arrow at each spot.--jim d

Yeah, I hear they make these things so that anyone can shoot them accurately now!;) Breaking nocks at 30 yards is pretty dang accurate, I hope I'm not too rusty. Used to be a 4 inch group at 25 yards was an off day for me, now, I don't know. I may get to Impact Archery again and put that Hoyt on layaway. You can shoot it at their rage as much as you wasnt while your paying for it, and they have a real good service plan included. Thanks guys.

I LOVE my Reflex Super Slam made by Hoyt. I also own a PSE Mach X which is for sale, personally never fell in love with the skinny grips, great bow though. Went to the Sacramento show today and shot a Hoyt Katera (very nice 330 fps felt a bit heavy to me though. Also shot the Mathews Drenalin OMG Nice very nice bow. Looked at the Bowtechs but they did not have a place to shoot them. Just my 2 cents.

I LOVE my Reflex Super Slam made by Hoyt. I also own a PSE Mach X which is for sale, personally never fell in love with the skinny grips, great bow though. Went to the Sacramento show today and shot a Hoyt Katera (very nice 330 fps felt a bit heavy to me though. Also shot the Mathews Drenalin OMG Nice very nice bow. Looked at the Bowtechs but they did not have a place to shoot them. Just my 2 cents.
What are you asking for that PSE?

Well I bought it from a guy who shoots for PSE and it was a gimme for him and he had never shot it and I have only shot it a handfull of times so I will leave the wrist strap and I think I have the original string(I always change to winners choice). I am asking $400.00. I am very careful with my equipment and very picky. It is in tip top shape, brand new. Here are the stats: Set- 29" 60#Draw- 27"-31"

I have always been a Hoyt guy but I bought the new Mathews Drenalin and it's my favorite yet. Especially if you go into deep county and hike allot, it's allot lighter than my Hoyt’s every were. It's very smooth and accurate.. Buying a bow is like like buying a pistol.. Go down and shoot them all and see which one feels best for YOU.

I'm a Reflex guy. They're kinda like Hoyts chevy model. GMC pick-ups cost more and you can get the same basic thing in a Chevrolet for a bit less cash.

2007 Diamond Black Ice set at 70lbs.

I shoot a PSE Baby G I like the bow but would not recommend it for someone just starting out.. It is not a very forgiving bow.. To be good with it you need to know what your doing..

Anything that moves :signs165xk::flag::smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: I have an old Hoyt compound and a Ben Peerson recurve both are older than alot of you. :flag::signs653wf:

Tony you should start calling that Pearson the rib stretcher since it had that effect on you. It sucks to get old. :flag:

I shoot a PSE - but I have never shot anything with it yet, 'cept targets...one of these days I'll bag something with it!

Tony you should start calling that Pearson the rib stretcher since it had that effect on you. It sucks to get old. :doh[1]:
Are you telling me Im old :):):signlol2iu: I named it the ripper

Hey I just picked up a new hoyt bow I bought the vetrix from a guy who needed money he sold it to me with sights arrow rest and stabalizer for 500 and he barley shot it. So then I sold my hoyt power tech to my brother in law for 500 free upgrade for me.

Craig.... you are "So Bad" to dish your brother :signs1180lq::) Last bow I had was back in the '70's... a Bear Recurve at 55#. Dont think I could pull 50# now even with a "gear bow"..

I've been shooting a Martin Rage for the past few years. I absolutely love it, it's killed it's fair share of pigs/deer/bunnies, and I like the size.

I have an AR-31 that I bought at Golden Arrow several years ago. I really like the way it shoots.

I shoot a Reflex made by Hoyt. I love it. It is made great for a good price. My buddy shoots the new Matthews Drenalin and I really can't tell a difference except for the 300 more dollars he spent. I believe that as long as you buy something new from an established brand you will be very happy. Bows have really come along ways since I started 22 years ago. Just about everybody has a great product.