Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bumper

Foxpro FX3

4 posts in this topic

Got a FX3 at Cabela's. Charged the battery and tried it out. When pushing buttons on the remote the LCD sometimes goes blank within seconds. However, pushing buttons again will often turn it back on and get it to work properly. Sometimes, after putting remote down, it will auto turn-off shortly. Other times the remote display will stay lit while it tries to run the battery down. Anyone else have this problem? Remote on/off is not mentioned in the distruction manual. Guess I could call 'em on Monday. Or, take it back and get another? (any excuse for a trip to Cabela's).bumper

The remotes do go to sleep you have to wake them to change sounds. It's the one thing I don't care for in the remote. But it works plenty far away and I can read the numbers easily. I'd call FoxPro and they'll tell you what to do. Or just take it back to Cabela's. If you send it into FoxPro I'm sure you could get them to change some sounds for you too.

Okay, it's goofed, so will take it back to Cabela's - - there and Sportsman's Warehouse is the only reason I'll go to Reno without serious prodding.Is it worthwhile to upgrade for the FX5? Quite a bit more $.bumper

It is more money but you get more sounds not that you'd need them. But you get a fancier remote with a timer built into it. It's hard for my eyes to read the FX5's LED remote but it is a nice piece of equipment.