FIRST TIMER

Picked up my new Tracker

11 posts in this topic

:unsure: I picked up my new Taurus Tracker in 17HMR. Really a sweet little gun. I was pissed I could only get one model because of the great state of Kalifornia's drop test. Taurus makes like a dozen 17 models but I could only buy the 6 1\2 inch barrel stainless model. Its a little barrel heavy but its supposed to be real accurate. I will let you all know how it works out at the range. :lol:

First Timer, Congrats on getting your toy out of waiting period jail. Hope you got an accurate one. They do loose a lot of velocity with the short barrel and the cylinder gap. Please keep us informed of your 17 cal wheelgun experiences. My 8 3/8" smith gets about 2000 fps muzzle velocity.A17Shooter:D

WENT TO THE RANGE TODAY AND SHOT MY 17 HMR TRACKER. REALLY A SWEET GUN. ONE INCH GROUPS AT 15 YRDS AND TWO AND HALF INCH GROUPS AT 25 YRDS. SORRY NO PICS. I HAVE BIG HANDS SO IM GOING TO GET BIGGER GRIPS. IT HAS A COMPACT FRAME.

IM THINKING OF PUTING A RED DOT SCOPE ON IT. IM GOING JACK HUNTING UP IN EASTERN OREGON IN A FEW MONTHS, SO I THOUGH I SEE HOW IT DOES WITH THAT AND GO FROM THERE.

HYLANDER,I DO HAVE THE GUN, BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO POST PICS ON HERE.

First Timer, you should not use all caps as it makes it much harder to read. Also, on the computer, that is how you intend to show you are shouting. I don't believe you intend to shout at Hylander. :D