Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ducefour

flashlights

7 posts in this topic

Im looking for a little flash light that is very powerful..i have a mini mag light thats not l.e.d but looking for sumthing a little bit stronger but that wont break my bank...Suggestions please and should i go l.e.d. or not???thanks

Do a search for watchmaker's posts. He has made some terrific posts with lots of pictures of lights in action. Great posts.

The home depot has a nice selection of LED lights. i bought one with 9 white, 1 red for map reading, $25Tough as nails

Im looking for a little flash light that is very powerful..i have a mini mag light thats not l.e.d but looking for sumthing a little bit stronger but that wont break my bank...Suggestions please and should i go l.e.d. or not???thanks
Fenix T1 225 Lumens21 LED Light Cannon $7.95 Uses 3 AAAHere are the two I use. Both are LED.

I agree, I use an LED light from Home Depot and it is great. Batteries last forever and are also included(3 AAA's). I have one in each vehicle and use one at work every day!

Agree with the Surefire recommendation.G2 incandescent $35G2 LED $65.I absolutely love my G2 and caryy it everywhere I go at night. Palm-sized and fits in your pockets. Downside of the incandescent bulb is that it only lasts 60 minutes per set of special lithium batteries. And they are not cheap (about $1.75 each by mail order).The LED has better battery life, at 12 hours per set of batteries. With LED you get longer battery life, a more durable and hardier bulb but you sacrifice certain colors of the spectrum and acuity of the beam focus. Even the "white" LEDs tend to have a color bias (they tend towards the blue). You get used to it after a while.Overall LED vs. incandescent is a trade-off.I couldn't make up my mind, so I bought both!