Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
advantage1one

Suggestions for Newbie

9 posts in this topic

Anyone have any suggestions for a compact (short) scope to be used on a short receiver kel-tec .223? I see many off brands that don't cost much but I'm afraid the quality won't be there. Looking to spend $200-$300...thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Well, first advantage, welcome to the CPC... Hope you like it here.2nd, my advice on compact scopes is.... DON'T ! I had one (a quality Leupold brand) & will never do it again. Even in fair to good light you will not be able to see nearly as well as with the larger, standard size scopes. Not too mention if in poor light how much worse they would be.Anyway, JMHO, and good luckFrank

I have the Kel-Tec. You need to buy removable rings so you can remove the scope for cleaning. Don't go to cheap though.

I have a MicroDot 30 on my Keltec and it has held up well, but don't expect to shoot over 100 yards with a x1 red dot scope. Great for heavy cover though.SteveHMake that an UltraDot 30.

welcome to the forums...i just got a kel tech su-16A and i put a Burris XTS-135 1X - 30mm Tube Matte Xtreme Tactical SpeedDot and it wrks great and i paid 229 bucks for it on optics planet.comyou should check it out

I've been using a Burris Compact 4-12 X for some time. It works well and has some extra eye relief if you wanted to use it on a light rifle with a mag cartridge. It seems that Burris has replaced it with a 4.5-14 X, now.Burris Compact Scopes

I have Burris Short Mag scopes on several guns. A couple on Contender pistols and one of my AR's. They work great with plenty of eye relief.