Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lilwes278

Remington's Accelerator ammo?

6 posts in this topic

I know this ammo has been discussed previously but I can't seem to find the thread(s) through the search feature. Has anyone used the Accelerator ammo? Specifically, I'm wondering about the .30-06 stuff.

I have shot it in my Remington 700, 30-06, it was pritty accurate and super distructive on jack rabbits. BIG splats.,,,300wsm

I tried them in three of my '06s and around four inch groups were the best I could get out of them. I also tried the 30-30 version and it wasn't any better. They wouldn't cycle my remington 7400 either.

They wouldn't cycle my remington 7400...
I don't have to worry about that, my 7400 is long gone. I'll probably end up ordering a box of 'em anyways just to satisfy my curiosity.

I don't blame you a bit. I had more than one person tell me they wouldn't shoot worth a darn but I just had to see for myself. Who knows, you could get lucky and one of your guns might like them.

In a state along ways away and a long long time ago I had a 308 and that was it and it shot them ok. But was not that great just ok. But at the time OK was great. The scope was set up for the 150gn for deer and yotes. and would just have some acc. in my pockets for cotton tails or fox squirrils. thay would of worked better if I adjusted the scope. Almost 30 years ago. I know Im old . But only in age still act like a 17 year old Well the wifes says 3 but thats a wife talking. The only way to know for sure is to do it.. Ps and thay were fmj all I could get back then.Tony.(peeker)