Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CLL

Bullet choices

5 posts in this topic

Do most of you guys & gals , use this as a method of finding a bullet thats right for you ? Example in 30calibre , for hunting deer , with the same bullet design and manufacture (Hornady) the 150(B.C.349) vs. 165(B.C.435) grain the 165 grain pill holds a flight \power advantage out to around 350yards . I'm not saying the 150 is a poor choice . Just asking how much priority does a B.C. have to you as a reloader ?

Just asking how much priority does a B.C. have to you as a reloader ?
To me, Almost None.I will try a bullet in the wieght catagory that I'm looking for and that others havehad sucess with on a paticular animal, if it perform's well from my gun I go with it :lol:

I'm with Hylander on his method of choice. I like to go with a proven performer and then see how my gun likes it.

I just do bullet tests on differant animals and see what I like. For instance over a few years and a handful of blackbears and elk I found I prefered the way factory 180 gr Remington CoeLocks in my 308 performed over all others. Just an example..Walt

So far good feedback , thanks . Just to let you know I shoot 150 RemCL in my 30-06 . I seem to kinda look at bullet shapes , pointed and elongated . I think I started looking more at B.C. , because of reloading the 8MM Mauser just looking at the shape of the 150 grain Hornady it seemed too pudgy . well the wife just called with car trouble I'll get back latter , Clint