Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SpokaneSlayer

Fishing in Africa

18 posts in this topic

Went on another whale shark trip yesterday and did some fishing. Caught 2 donkeyfish (at least that's what the locals called it) and 4 triggerfish. Talk about fun. Used balled up bread as bait. As soon as I set the hook, they would make a long first run. Did some snorkling too. Saw all sorts of fish and 2 octopi.post-1302-1199112278.jpgpost-1302-1199112318.jpg

Gorgeous fish. Boy, you sure need some sun. But not too much, you'd burn right up. :signgreatreport3kg:

Gorgeous fish :signs1180lq: That first one is real pretty :harhar1[1]: And that aint no farmer tan silly.. Cant you see thats a redneck tan for sure LOL

And I'm proud of it. The wife happens to think it's sexy. Sidenote on that trip, I lost my wedding band while swimming with the whale sharks. I felt something hit the tip of my finger. Looked down and there is my ring, sinking away. I reached out but missed. So now it's at the bottom of the Gulf of Toudjura. And no, I'm not a dead man. I already told her about it. Still pretty bummed.

Too bad about the ring Jake. :roflmao3[1]: I used to do a lot of metal detecting and beach combing after big storms. I have a close friend that never believed people lost as many rings and jewelry as I have found. That is until he got married and went to Hawaii. After coming in from swimming he noticed his wedding band was gone. Served him right for doubting me. That's caused by shrinkage. :yahoo:

And I'm proud of it. The wife happens to think it's sexy. Sidenote on that trip, I lost my wedding band while swimming with the whale sharks. I felt something hit the tip of my finger. Looked down and there is my ring, sinking away. I reached out but missed. So now it's at the bottom of the Gulf of Toudjura. And no, I'm not a dead man. I already told her about it. Still pretty bummed.
Ohh man that sucks.. Id be devestaed if I lost my wedding set.. I guess you could always remarry her and get a new ring :roflmao3[1]:

Pretty cool fish.Are you in Africa specifically for the Whale Sharks? Man, that has to be pretty cool swimming w/ them.
No, I'm deployed here (23 days and a wake up!). The trip was through our morale, welfare, and recreation. The ring isn't to terribly expensive and not a custom made ring. Just sucks that it was the one she put on my finger. I'll be getting another one when I get home.I believe it John. I meant to take off my ring before heading out but as soon as we got to where the big boat was anchoring, the little boats were ready to take us out searching. One of the other guys had lost his ring in Hawaii as well.

Ohh man that sucks.. Id be devestaed if I lost my wedding set.. I guess you could always remarry her and get a new ring :D
oh geez...a 2nd committment?!?! LOL...j/k