Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bjkearns

10-22 charger

10 posts in this topic

I was looking on rugers website and I saw this new gun called the 10-22 charger. Its a 10-22 action with a pistol stock and a 10" barrel. But when reading the spefications it said it was not approved for CA. What makes this gun not approved for this state. By the way it looks like it would be alot of fun to do some plinking with.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's the pistol grip with the ability to accept magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds.

I would assume it would be considered a pistol, but who knows??? CA law is about as confusing as a Chinese man with a lisp.

Yep, you can even have full auto up here. And getting a CCW is as easy as getting your hunting license... :roflmao3[1]:

I feel your pain. I lived in CA up until we moved to Eugene about a year ago. Probably one of the best things I've ever done. Now if I could just talk Clampdaddy into movin'... :signs1180lq: You know you don't even have to register any guns up here, as long as you buy them from a private party? No 10 day waiting period from the dealer either. Just pass the background check (takes about 10 minutes over the phone) and you're out the door with your new gun! :roflmao3[1]:

No 10 day waiting period on rifles. You still have it on pistols, because that is Federal law. Or am I mistaken?

Not in Oregon. No waiting period at all, doesn't matter if it's handguns, shotguns, or rifles. Walk in, put your $$$ down, and in about 15 minutes (after they call in the background check) you're out the door with it. Private party transfers are just cash & carry, no background check required. You're not even required to register your guns up here! California used to be that way until the libs got involved... Plus with easy access to Oregon CCW permits for non-criminals, I wonder why Oregon's violent crime rate is so much lower than California's??? :smiley_kewlpics:

California considers it an Assault weapon under their assault weapons ban definition. according to California, any pistol with a magazine outside of the pistol grip is an assault weapon. the Ruger would also need the loaded chamber indicator and magazine disconnect to be sold in CA (if it wasn’t allready banned because it is an assault weapon according to California).