nmlhunter

Ba ba ba Bullfroggy

20 posts in this topic

post-1411-1197684091_thumb.jpgpost-1411-1197684071_thumb.jpgOk I went and scanned some pics for you to drool over! :signs1198ol::rofl2: This was my first bow kill ever ... Yeah everyone laughs at me for it... that's ok his legs were wonderful. It was about an 18 yard shot and I do hope you enjoy the graphic photo!! I think that night I was so excited I stopped by the Golden Arrow household and caused a big ole ruckus over my frog! :eck05: Guess I have to mention while I was story telling him about the kill, not paying attention to what I was doing and that slimy thing slid down the arrow and hit my hand and I am pretty sure I lett out a bog old "EEEEK" Ick startled me!

We used to use our carp setups to shoot frogs where we couldn't gig them. That's a nice one love those frog legs. YUM!

Pretty cool, NM... Great pics... Thanks For SharingFrankp.s. It's been decades since I had frog legs. Not bad if my (missing) memory serves me right. LOL

yeah thanks I figured you guys would like the one since it is kind of graphic.

ok, this is getting a little hoity-toity for me...aren't frog legs a french delicacy? geez, just when SJ was getting me ramped on eatin' crow, we spoil it with talk of frog legs -- what next? pate? LMAO...j/k good 1st bow kill nml! (okay I admit..nothing like some fried legs...mmmm..taste like chicken)

ok, this is getting a little hoity-toity for me...aren't frog legs a french delicacy? geez, just when SJ was getting me ramped on eatin' crow, we spoil it with talk of frog legs -- what next? pate? LMAO...j/k good 1st bow kill nml! (okay I admit..nothing like some fried legs...mmmm..taste like chicken)
ok mac I am going crazy trying to find a "pate" hunt Is there a season on them? :signs1111cr::roflmao3[1]: Oh thanks all for the frog support!

Once in awhile I miss giggin frogs, so I flip through these pic's. What better way to spend a Friday night than roaming the bakersfield irrigation ditches, starting out with a cooler of highlife, ending up with a cooler of frogs..... Aahh, those were the days....My favorite part about frogs are the DFG reg's, "© Limit: The daily bag and possession limitfor each of the amphibian species listedin subsection (a), above, is four except forbullfrogs, which have no daily bag or possessionlimit.Hours: Amphibians may be taken at any time of day or night.(e) Methods of take:(1) Amphibians may be taken only by hand, hand-held dip net, or hook and line, exceptbullfrogs may also be taken by lights, spears, gigs, grabs, paddles, bow and arrow, orfishing tackle."PS Does anyone have a good spot for Frogs this summer? I'll provide the beer & gas, you provide the dip net, hook and line, lights, spears, gigs, grabs, paddles, bow and arrow, or fishing tackle!!

post-1607-1201757178_thumb.jpg

post-1607-1201757195_thumb.jpg

Loaders.. I wish I knew of a hot spot for frogs! I went and checked a place about a month ago and 1 frog jumped not enough to get razzled over. If I hear of any I will talk about it.

That's an excellent shot. Frogs are something I would have never thought of to shoot with my bow. I may just have to try it next time I am out near a pond.

Yeah it's fun..... when I hit this one he just squeeked and flopped backward. Done!

ok mac I am going crazy trying to find a "pate" hunt Is there a season on them? :doh[1]::rofl2: Oh thanks all for the frog support!
Duck/Goose season? LOL

Find a golf course with a pond and hunt at night. It is really a kick using a light. When you get caught, run like hell!