ShooterJohn

Knives, what do you use most...

Knives...   49 members have voted

1. 1. What's you favorite type?

• Belt knife
    • Folding hunter
    • Pocket knife

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

36 posts in this topic

I dont wear a knife. It goes in my bag. I have a belt knife, mikasa? I pickd up a few years ago at the Cal Expo show. And the other two in the bag are my main "knives".. they are scaples, brand is havel. Cant beat them for sharpness and if a blade goes dull, no big deal grab another blade and throw the dull one out. And those are the only 3 I carry. For bone saw I have a cordless sawzall.. And wire cutters for small bone.

Reading the other posts, I see I'm not the only one that packs more then one knife, especially in the field. I have a bunch, but have settled on a Cold Steel SRK for most of my belt use. I carry a Cold Steel Gunsite Tanto folder clipped in my pocket on the street, and a very old Uncle Henry 5" folder for most general use. I use any one of three pocket knifes...a German army utility folder, a newer "imported" light weight Un. Henry and an older heavy duty Un. Henry.This are my most often used battery of knives.

Carry a Spiderco Endura. In the field I take a Buck skinner made with S30V. I also have an old Gerber Mark II that I picked up for a steal 12 years ago- $10

I carry a Victorinox mechanic in my pocket and use it almost daily. It has a couple blades, can opener, sewing awl, screw drivers, and most importantly needle nose pliers. I use the pliers all the time. They are not as big as a multitool pliers but it all fits in my pocket. Works great for getting hooks out of fish too. When I go hunting I also take a US Navy Mark III Tactical Knife. It is one of the most solid knives I've ever held. The sheeth is a hard tacticle plastic. The handle is metal. It is heavy and truly a robust weapon. My uncle gave it to me. He had gotten from a SEAL buddy. I could bang a rock on it and use it as an Ax if I had to.For skinning I have a folding knife I got from a fur catalogue. It works pretty good. I use it only for skinning. I can't remember the brand but it works pretty good.

I CARRY A SOG TWITCH II. THAT THING KEEPS AN EDGE BETTER THAN ANY KNIFE IVE EVER HAD AND ITS A BREEZE TO SHARPEN.

For a lot of years I used whatever sharp knife I had available...that's the main thing, you need a sharp knife. I had an old folding Case I used a lot.This last year I started using a Havalon. It comes with disposable scalpels...worked out nice.http://www.havalon.com/xt-22tr.html

I have about 4 in the back pack and three in the fanny pack and take a belt knife and pocket with me when I go for game. But I like my kershaw blade changer thing cant think of the model, fellit and bone and skinning knife in the kit.