Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
A17Shooter

New to me TC Contender

9 posts in this topic

Bought a used Contender from a friend in SoCal. Did the paperwork yesterday, Waiting for 12/22/07 at 1535 hours for the jail break. The barrel that came with it is a 7 TCU Super 14. It has the Williams rear target sight and a hooded front sight. I'll probably have to put a scope on it as my eyes don't do iron sights very well anymore.Tic tock, tic tock, tic tock ............ waiting .........................

Don't you just hate waiting for a new toy. Just in time for Chistmas. :harhar1[1]:

I am in DOJ jail as well. Wetherby .460 custom Mark V with Leupold scope. Never been fired, has been gifted to me by a friend, in perfect condition.Darren

I am in DOJ jail as well. Wetherby .460 custom Mark V with Leupold scope. Never been fired, has been gifted to me by a friend, in perfect condition.Darren
That's an impressive rifle. Do you have a plan for Alaska or somewhere to find game that requires a 460 Weatherby??

A17Shooter, That is a really sweet round in the Contender. I have had 4 differant ones in 7TCU and still have 1 left I shoot off and on in a 10 inch. Extremely accurate and work well on deer and coyotes. You will be pleased with it as it is easy on the recoil and just so dang accurate. Good shooting to you...Walt

Hey A17, I've had that same barreled round since it was introduced. I seem to think it was around 1981. I used it for metallic silhouette originally. But have shot large animals with it as well as ground squirrels. Great round.

John & Walt,This is my second 7 TCU. Have a 10" that was used for IHMSA comp back in the mid to late 80's. Now, I have a pretty good range of 14" barrels chamered for cartridges based on the 223 case. Have the 223, 6 TCU, 6.5 TCU & now the 7 TCU. Have several boxes of 120 gr 7 MM bullets to start with for working up a coyote load.

I like any caliber based on the .223 case. That .20 Practical is looking like a great round for coyotes in condor range. I like the .223 because I have a small pickup load of once fired .223 cases. :smiley-funny-post-sign: