Hylander

917 VSF Initial Range Report

12 posts in this topic

Well here is the first Range Report :P I am liking this Rifle, it needs the Stock bedded and a Trigger Job Woa is it heavy and making me pull my shots horizontally :oYa' darn near need two men and a small boy to pull that thing :rolleyes: But I will not be sending it back, I will deal with the short comings myself.I did not have any Mag issues, it fed great. I did have one Misfire, but I'm going to blame the Ammo.I fired a total of about 150 rd.I am useing a Simmons ATV 4.5-14, It is a good scope but this rifle deserves better glass.I may mount my Elite 4200 4-16She likes Fed V-Max and CCI V-Max bestAs far as Accuracy goes, Yippy :D First two are at 50yd., Second two are at 100yd.All groups were 5 shot'sSquirrel's BewareFirst50ydTarget.jpgFirst50ydTarget2.jpgFirst100ydTarget.jpgFirst100ydTarget2.jpg

I thought you didn't want a big power scope? :D Nice shooting there Tex, hard trigger and all. :rolleyes:

16x is as big as I want to go.I want better optic's, The Simmons is very clear and works perfect but the Cross Hairs are alittle to big.

Okay-I'll take it back now!
I thought you might say that :rolleyes:

Sterling, I thought the range was closed the first Thursday of the month for police training? :rolleyes:

I beleive it is the Third Thursday
Shoot! :rolleyes: I've been missing a perfectly good day to go to the range. :D

Great groups!!
Yeah, Sterling can shoot when his guns are working. But he's shy about hitting the Bull's-eye! :huh:

You mean your suppose to hit the bullseye :huh: I though you were suppose to just scare the dog poop out of it :huh:

You mean your suppose to hit the bullseye :huh: I though you were suppose to just scare the dog poop out of it :huh:
That's the hard part, just missing it enough to scare it. Extra points for style.I have a large sheet of copper at my uncle's that I made when I was a kid shooting my J.C. Higgins .22. My grandfather traced a face outline on it and had me shoot the traced line. It came out really neat I want to find it again and bring it home to hang in my office.

Sterling, I thought the range was closed the first Thursday of the month for police training? :lol:
Sterling, I looked up my Lincoln Rifle Club Newletter and it specifically states first Thursday of every month is Lincoln Police Department All Day Training. :) See I was right and I almost believed you. :D:blink: